Lambert Street Flats

Debs, you really don't want me to tell you about the weather over here. It's enough to say that I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt.

I've been looking at the pictures of the snow in Sheffield. Wow!

BTW, the chips at the Corporation St. chippy were so good because they used lard. This was obviously before the days when it was decided that lard could kill you. Damn!

is really bad here,where i am its over 2 foot deep.its alright 4 sum innit getting a tan while im sat here in a weeks worth of clothes,and woolly socks lol

Hi debss14,

just seen your post. I used to knock about with Susan Civico from the sweet shop round about 1957. Used to go to dances at St. Vincents on a Monday night. We also used to go to Croft House Youth Club same time. She had an older brother who went to Del a Sel (not sure about the spelling. Do you remember any one called Barton, think he lived on Lambert Street flats.

My maiden name was Whiting. Can you remember the adult's names as I'm wondering if they are any relations of mine.

my friends half brother was called whiting,his name was john and his dad was called ian,not sure if they are related to you,i remember old civicos,he was my fav shop when i was growing up.i don't know what happened to them when they moved from the shop do you?

I lived on lambert street from 1966-77,lived at no 28,i knew everyone on there and on furniss hill.the broughtons,the bennetts,the barretts, the glossops/whitings.the rawsons,the thorpes,the wilds,the insinwoods,the clarks,the leadbeaters lol,the lees,the binghams,the greens to name but a few

Hi Debs14 think we lived on the flats around the same period, well you remember our family the Greens anyway lol. I remember most of the names you have mentioned above.

We moved to parson cross, and the leadbeaters followed some years later, i used to see them often, Debbie leadbeater passed away a couple of years back now bless her, i see Karen now and again. I've seen Julie Glossip often as she was a client of one of my colleagues where i work.

I remember going to Elim church as a youngster, and the present we used to get every 6 weeks :)

hello julie,of course i remember you,i saw you at bingo a few years ago with your mum,i've found that picture i told you about,of me and you at school.i can e-mail it to you if you like

Hi debss14

No sadly I lost touch with them when we stopped going to the dances at St.Vincents. That would be the late fifties.

I'm not sure about the Whitings being related. My dad's name was Ernest and he came from a large family but we didn't have much contact. He had a brother called Bernard who used to run the Vine pub on Hodgson Street. He had two kids, Carol and David, also had a brother called William I think and a sister called Bertha but that's as much as I know. Maybe Ian and his family were offspring of one of them. Regards Janber.

maybe,i never met any of ians family,so can't really tell you.if i get a chance i shall ask if he had any relatives,ian died a few years ago. john lives in cheshire with his wife.so will have to go through his half-sister

Hi debss14

Thanks, that would be great. I will have to rely on offspring anyway as I think most of my dad's brothers and sisiters will have passed by now. It might even be grandkids. My dad was born in 1897 so as you can see they'll all be pretty old.

I can only try my best, I will let you know as soon as i find out anything

hello julie,of course i remember you,i saw you at bingo a few years ago with your mum,i've found that picture i told you about,of me and you at school.i can e-mail it to you if you like

Hiya Debbs...Yeah would be great to see the school pic, i'll pm you my email address :)