Old Sheff bands of the 80's +90's

I used to play bass in Rough Copy, I remember being in the same heat as Snap 14 at the Top Rank suite. Hi to you Paul, did we do a gig with you guys at The Limit later? Rough Copy also supported The Damned at the Poly on the Rock on the Rates scheme. There is a photo of us in the Martin Lilleker book, Beats Working For a Living, my kids did not know me and laughed very loud when I told them it is me. Seems a million years away now and probably is. I am still playing now, will be at The Dusty Miller, Barlborough 14/05/2005.

Yes it was a plug!!

I remember Rough Copy well, Pete Carter, Mark Crossley, Tommy Harrison and Gareth. I remember going down to the Leadmill building before Rough Copy got together as a full band. The room that they used was in a death defying location, you could see the floor below through the floor boards. I still play the Demo tape, as l attended nearly every gig l could. Long live rock n roll....and the Truth Remains!!!!

I think there's a picture of Rough Copy on the wall in The Frog & Parrott. I saw them playing with Splash/Snap14 upstairs in The Marples so long ago I've gone grey and bald in the meantime...

I think there's a picture of Rough Copy on the wall in The Frog & Parrott. I saw them playing with Splash/Snap14 upstairs in The Marples so long ago I've gone grey and bald in the meantime...

I was very likely there with you too. Their name was sprayed very neatly too on the wall of the City hall at one time. Not done by the band members l can assure you.

I was very likely there with you too. Their name was sprayed very neatly too on the wall of the City hall at one time. Not done by the band members l can assure you.

Mmm.... not too sure about that Reesh. Seem to remember some of the members were seen scrubbing whit epaint off their hands once or twice!!!!

Hey Mark ,

How are you. I can't reply on here yet as l need to post 10 replies first apparently. So could you email me again and put your e-mail address to it, l'll be in touch soon after matey. Reesh

I used to play bass in Rough Copy, I remember being in the same heat as Snap 14 at the Top Rank suite. Hi to you Paul, did we do a gig with you guys at The Limit later? Rough Copy also supported The Damned at the Poly on the Rock on the Rates scheme. There is a photo of us in the Martin Lilleker book, Beats Working For a Living, my kids did not know me and laughed very loud when I told them it is me. Seems a million years away now and probably is. I am still playing now, will be at The Dusty Miller, Barlborough 14/05/2005.

Yes it was a plug!!

I remember Snap 14, Touch, Sharp Cuts from Band Comp at Steeleys too. My hubby was in Kirlian Lens in the same competition when Sharp Cuts won it in ely 80s.

Caz

Anyone remember 'Night Train' 50 style rock & roll band from Crookes? They played the University on the first ever Comic Relief night???

Or

the Nearly Band from Nether Edge - Did a mean version of 'White Rabbit'?

Wahaaaaay! Si, erstwhile singer with the Nearly Band here - Good to get a name check among such illustrious company of other 'nearly' bands.

Phil Murray and the Boys From Bury - what an act and still going strong... Up there with Half Man Half Biscuit on the genius comedy front. I can still recite whole songs of theirs.

I remember Rough Copy well, Pete Carter, Mark Crossley, Tommy Harrison and Gareth. I remember going down to the Leadmill building before Rough Copy got together as a full band. The room that they used was in a death defying location, you could see the floor below through the floor boards. I still play the Demo tape, as l attended nearly every gig l could. Long live rock n roll....and the Truth Remains!!!!

Hi Ryzard. I guess it's you.

If you have any means of converting that demo tape into mp3's i'd love to hear it. And Mark too i think. He apparently doesn't have any of the old Rough Copy stuff.

Paul

Hi Paul,

l don't have anything to convert the tape to mp3 but l will see if l can find someone to do it and let you know.

Reesh

Hi Ryzard. I guess it's you.

If you have any means of converting that demo tape into mp3's i'd love to hear it. And Mark too i think. He apparently doesn't have any of the old Rough Copy stuff.

Paul

Sharp Cuts - these are still going but not the full original line, they used to busk on Fargate, I hear they are planning a 25Th year bash at the city hall

I remember seeing them on Saturday afternoons on Fargate and saw them at a wedding last year, only original one is (I think) the guitarist, Steve, who looks EXACTLY the same as he did back then and does not seem to have aged at all!!!!!

I'm sure I saw The Sharp Cuts busking in Northampton town centre in the 80's the day before Northampton Town were at home to United. I can also remember seeing loads of bands at the Limit & pubs round town,

Artery

Vision

Person To Person

Mirror Crack'd

Vendino Pact

to name but 5. The Rock on the Rates gigs were always a good way to see bands cheap. I can remember my careers teacher giving us free tickets for New Order at the Poly. Those were the days.

I saw Artery loads of times, they were one of the best bands during that era, my daughter bought me two Artery CD's at Christmas and if I close my eyes while they are on it's just like being back at one of their gigs. Mirror Crack'd were on TV once, the singer was called "Rick" I think? I remeber all the others to varying degrees as well.

Anyone remember Reactor? They went on to become Molodoy, I remember seeing them support Sham 69 in 1978 at the Students UNion place.

I remember Radiation, Scarlet Timpany, Dig Vis Drill :love: , Vision, Dance Society (were they from Barnsley?), Sharp Cuts , and Don Valley and the Rotherhides. There were loads of others too, those were the days....