Old Sheff bands of the 80's +90's

The three Sheffield groups that I had a fondness for were Danse Society, Harbourkings and the wonderful Comsat Angels. I am sorry if I am stating the obvious naming these 3 bands as all of them had a degree of success compared with some groups mentioned on this thread. I enjoyed the 2 CD`s released by Harbourkings very much and the Comsats were simply a gem of a band who have influenced hundreds of musicians and are rightly lauded as one of the UK`s best groups.

Hey Up Sweetcheeks,

I remember the Harbourkings when they were The Untouchables doing Heartbreakers and New York Dolls covers. They were a three peice but were very powerful aswell as tight. I did have a chance to join them and for the life of me don't know why I didn't as they were a great band and I regret it to this day. I don't own copies of their releases but I have heard them and they are very good. It would be great to see them play a one off or whatever and possibly throw in some of those Johnny Thunders covers.

hi the singer with eat dont hula has a pub, forest on rutland road sings,very good night out saturdays

I remember Eat Dont Hula they played loads of gigs around Sheffield they were a top live band

I used to follow a Sheffield band round called Anthill Mob (used to be I-D-I) I remember them being in the Battle of the Bands and they came 2nd, with the Sharpcuts coming 1st. Some awesome tunes!

My son's band The Strangers are launching a 4 track EP (recorded at Steelworks) with a gig at DnR, just down from The Boardwalk on Wed 27th September.

Paul

Just been informed that DnR has moved! It is now in the upstairs room at Bar 101 on Arundel Gate.

Just been informed that DnR has moved! It is now in the upstairs room at Bar 101 on Arundel Gate.

Paul is the gig still on for the 27th?

Anyone remember 'Night Train' 50 style rock & roll band from Crookes? They played the University on the first ever Comic Relief night???

Or

the Nearly Band from Nether Edge - Did a mean version of 'White Rabbit'?

Paul is the gig still on for the 27th?

The gig is still on. Definite. The location is the "new" DnR Live which is indeed the old Bar 101 on Arundel Gate. It's approximetely opposite where the Mulberry Tavern was, between Roxys and The Hole In The Road (showing me age there!).

Just to plug my lot..

www.myspace.com/vasquezdownload

We're prob 2nd or third on I think.

Mark, thanks for coming to the gig.

let me know when your son is playing and i'll come down.

Paul

Does anyone have any MP3s of any bands from this time?

Such as -

Rough Copy, Silent Running, Alice Goes Pop, Ton Ton Macoute, Mrs Beech & The Heretics, YahBoo, The Mirror Crack'd, Toy Shop, Maison Rouge, Tsi-Tsa.

Does anyone have any MP3s of any bands from this time?

Such as -

Rough Copy, Silent Running, Alice Goes Pop, Ton Ton Macoute, Mrs Beech & The Heretics, YahBoo, The Mirror Crack'd, Toy Shop, Maison Rouge, Tsi-Tsa.

I saw toy shop suppoting flock of seaguls bout 82/83ish

I know the lead singer of Eat Don't Hula and I think my cousin was their bass player. My cousin was also in another band called Trebound Story who made a bit of a local name for themselves, too. My brother/cousin and their mates knew Richard Hawley well, too. They all used to hang around together.

Do you know how to contact Gary Tilney as my wifes 60th birthday is coming up and she used to work with him and we'd like to surprise her.

michellekitson1@tiscali.co.uk

I saw toy shop suppoting flock of seaguls bout 82/83ish

Wow! Toy Shop & Flock of Seagulls. Boots must have run out of hairspray that day!

(Just kidding Paul or Phil - if you're paying attention.)