Old Sheff bands of the 80's +90's

Anyone go see Bill Murrey & The Boys From Bury? All from Sheffield and the leader singer wasn't called Bill Murrey 8) weird

No but coincidentally I re-mastered a CD of theirs about 10 years ago for a guy called Tommo who had a studio down Baily Street (off Trippet Lane)... small world eh.

No but coincidentally I re-mastered a CD of theirs about 10 years ago for a guy called Tommo who had a studio down Baily Street (off Trippet Lane)... small world eh.

It was Phil Murray not Bill!!!:)

Not really sure where to post this question - - a rooky on this Forum. Does anyone know what happened to the Sheffield band, Disease. The lead singer was from Stocksbridge. I am a Sheffield ex-pat whose hubby was involved in the 80s music scene and interested to find out what happened to these guys. Point me in the right direction, pleas someone.:)

Hi, just came here by chance, haven't been on for ages. Stephen Cheney was the guitarist, he lived next door but 1 to me as a kid. He is on facebook and posts Disease stuff on you tube. Look for srcheney on You Tube. Hope this helps!

Thanks. That's really exciting more for my husband than me but I liked the band too. Great. Many thanks. Jan

I used to follow a Sheffield band round called Anthill Mob (used to be I-D-I) I remember them being in the Battle of the Bands and they came 2nd, with the Sharpcuts coming 1st. Some awesome tunes!

As if by magic ...

Here's a photo of the aforementioned Anthill Mob, taken by myself (copyright applies) at the Battle of the Bands final at the Limit Club in 1985. I have more slides to scan yet (just got the scanner for Xmas)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2846/anthillmob1.jpg

As a member of The 80's guitar band The Junk our favourite Sheffield band of the 80's was probably The Comsat Angels.Brilliant musicians and incredibly modest.Should have been huge.

The Junk now have a website and you can see our first single release on Youtube.Just type in The Junk The World Doesn't Turn. There are a few other tracks on there to!

As a member of The 80's guitar band The Junk our favourite Sheffield band of the 80's was probably The Comsat Angels.Brilliant musicians and incredibly modest.Should have been huge.

The Junk now have a website and you can see our first single release on Youtube.Just type in The Junk The World Doesn't Turn. There are a few other tracks on there to!

One of my proudest moments ever was when Kevin Bacon (bass player for the Comsats) asked us to suport them at the Polytechnic down near the train station. we were blown away by what a real sound system sounded like and the Comsats were good enough to make sure some of their rider food and beverage got sent our way. Kevin produced two tracks for Tsi-Tsa, Feeling like a whisper and Billinghams Island at Fairview Studios in Hull and our guitarist, Mick Hercun went on to play on tour with the Comsats.

Does anyone have any MP3s of any bands from this time?

Such as -

Rough Copy, Silent Running, Alice Goes Pop, Ton Ton Macoute, Mrs Beech & The Heretics, YahBoo, The Mirror Crack'd, Toy Shop, Maison Rouge, Tsi-Tsa.

:|My son was the lead guitarist with Alice goes pop his name is Ian Bell nice to know someone still remembers them

Paul Crofts Ian has MP3 of Alice goes pop and he will get in touch with you when he,s back in Sheffield probably next week