Old Sheff bands of the 80's +90's

Offbeat - Sheffield's legendary leftfield indie night

* eternally DIY. unashamedly obsessive. defiantly independent. *

*~* PULP SPECIAL! *~*

Friday 18th February 2011

@ Raynor Lounge, Sheffield Uni SU (off Bar One)

9pm-1am

£3.00 on the door

including. free lollipops and stickers, plus Pulp maps of Sheffield and free Jarvis masks for the first 20 people in!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=101064513303847

Playing 15-20 Pulp tracks plus the usual Offbeat mix of classic and current leftfield indie, pop-punk, C86, new indiepop underground and lo-fi sounds from the likes of...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Pavement - Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Interpol - Les Savy Fav - Belle and Sebastian - National - Arcade Fire - Smiths - Drums - Los Campesinos! - Slow Club - My Bloody Valentine - Camera Obscura - Animal Collective - Pixies - Johnny Foreigner - Bright Eyes - Shins - Future Of The Left - Joy Division - British Sea Power - Half Man Half Biscuit - Sonic Youth - Pulp - Mclusky - Cure - Polyphonic Spree - Ballboy - Buzzcocks - Metronomy - Of Montreal - Long Blondes - Allo Darlin' - Wedding Present - Blood Red Shoes - Hefner - Go! Team - Dead Kennedys - Rilo Kiley - Fall - Field Mice - Kenickie - Sleater Kinney - Futureheads - REM - Postal Service - Bearsuit - Hidden Cameras - Nirvana - Pastels - Deerhunter - Morrissey - White Stripes - Elastica - Super Furry Animals - Bis - Ash - Talulah Gosh - At the Drive-in - Pipettes - Helen Love - Idlewild - The School - Jesus and Mary Chain - Urusei Yatsura - Undertones - Shop Assistants - Eels... and many more

* Spotified playlists at http://open.spotify.com/user/chrisoffbeat/

* more information and admission details for non-students, at

http://www.offbeatsheffield.com

http://shef.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2432047470

opos185.gif

3 stick out in my mind,Haze,Phoenix Rising and Chinawhite.

OK folks, firstly:

I'm looking for the demo of old Sheffield band MANIA from the early 80s. Has anyone got it and what happened to them?

Secondly:

That's really unfortunate to have that banner ad of the navy after what happened to HMS Sheffield.

Thirdly:

I was guitarist in Durham's BILE DUCTS and we may be getting back together. However I also have a projected solo career. If you like sick humour, come to myspace.com/philbileducts

CHEERS!

Does anyone remember a band called Eat don't Hula. Vaguely remember meeting the lead singer when i was in my teens but never actually heard them play.

Cath :cool:Hi there I was the manager of eat don't hula I discovered them in the pheasant and took them to dingwells and campden town in London we also played gigs in the warncliffe and did radio interviews on Hallam

Regards

CHRIS

Hi there I was the manager of eat don't hula I discovered them in the pheasant and took them to dingwells and campden town in London we also played gigs in the warncliffe and did radio interviews on Hallam

Regards

CHRIS

Hi there I was the manager of eat don't hula I discovered them in the pheasant and took them to dingwells and campden town in London we also played gigs in the warncliffe and did radio interviews on Hallam

Regards

CHRIS

I would love to hear it again if it's ours will be on blue chip label

Cramped Legs

They Must Be Russians

More late 70s' early 80s'.

I would love to hear it again if it's ours will be on blue chip label

eat dont hula

greed / prisoner in me 7"

blue chip records (BCR001), 1989

if you want ill record it to cd and rip / upload to my free filehosting space?

if i remember i bought it a fair few years ago now from a charity shop...in maybe whitby or redcar

Thank you that would fantastic

I remember when we were due in London and had problem with a guitar so we went round to Richard hawleys moms house to borrow one he was with tree bound story at the time

dont think i knew richard hawley, used to know Crispin and Simon stafford from the longpigs a bit.

and met phil oakey from the human league once on fargate fountain when he stopped to talk to my mate jools lol

edit:- just looked on youtube and they dont seem to be on, do seem to be one of the bands that have vanished?

Edited by melthebell