Old Sheff bands of the 80's +90's

Paul Klein, ex of Sheffield duo The Toy Shop here (1st winners of Battle of the Bands back in '82). Saw our name in here a couple of times and thought I'd say 'hello' and let everyone know I'm still rocking! Had an album out under the band name 'Psykik Volts' a couple of years on UK label Damaged Goods (see myspace.com/psykikvolts for details) even though I've lived in Australia for the last 8 years with my wife Suzanne.

Great to catch up on the past but they say nostalgia's not what it used to be:rolleyes:!

Anyone go see Bill Murrey & The Boys From Bury? All from Sheffield and the leader singer wasn't called Bill Murrey 8) weird
They Pinched our Sax Player Ian said he had a better laugh with them llol :)

Paul Klein, ex of Sheffield duo The Toy Shop here (1st winners of Battle of the Bands back in '82). Saw our name in here a couple of times and thought I'd say 'hello' and let everyone know I'm still rocking! Had an album out under the band name 'Psykik Volts' a couple of years on UK label Damaged Goods (see myspace.com/psykikvolts for details) even though I've lived in Australia for the last 8 years with my wife Suzanne.

Great to catch up on the past but they say nostalgia's not what it used to be:rolleyes:!

Hiya Paul you old Buzzard how the hell are you Dingo (Tsi-Tsa, Mr's Beech) xx

are you on Facebook Paul ? all the casualty's from Battle of The Bands 1982 are on it lol :)

are you still in contact with Phill (It Was Phill other half ov Toy Shop) ?

I still rave about Cabaret voltaire even now as the greatest Sheffield band never to hit the Top 40.

Acid God's Awesome Band ! the fathers ov electronica :)

Hi Dingo, I'm good thanks (for my age anyway:hihi:) - how are you?

I caught up with Phil for my wedding in '92 but unfortunately lost contact with him again after then. I'm kind of on Facebook but haven't really got into it so my page is really, really basic. Who else is on there?

Do you know I always found it strange that the only person that ever got anywhere (as far as I'm aware anyway) from that early 80's Sheffield scene was the 'weed in tweed' (as Vic Reeves named him) Jarvis Cocker. I could never see what all the fuss was about personally though with Pulp and thought that many of us were more talented. Ah well, such is life eh?

How's Sheffield nowadays? We moved south in '87 then out to Australia (first Perth now Melbourne) in 2002 so not seen Sheffield for a long time now.

Edited by Klink
addition

Hi Paul , Good to hear from you after so many years, Spot on about the Weed In Tweed .. We were Contenders. Why Toy Shop never made it Big time I'll never know ! Sheffield's the same old same old. I moved away a couple of times but always end up back here, It's a pity you've lost contact with Phill he was one of my Favourite Sheffield Muso's along with your good self . Take Care Dingo xx

Hi Loz 3589

I remember your dad Bill Durrant but this relates to when he managed the Lizards or Square Circles. More than likely if you are his son its probably you I remember if your name is the same as your dads?? Now I have your attention?

Dingo, got your PM but apparently I can't reply until I've had at least 5 posts on here. Will let you know if I ever catch up with Phil. All the best, Paul.

Hi Janet:

I have just joined S.F, thanks to my sister Loz, she told me there were posts about a band i used to play with," Square Circles " Are you the Janet that used to live on Stockarth Lane near Middlewood Tavern.

Hi Bill

Yes thats me. Have been chatting to Phil via email & have so many memories of all the good times we had together. As you can see I now live in Oz. Jean recently visited & we had a ball. Trouble is we are now in our 60's but think we are still 16. Would love to talk more can you PM yet? I sent you a personal one yesterday. Get back to me soon please

Would love tp hear more & have a funny story to tell you.

Great to have made contact.