Old Sheff bands of the 80's +90's

does anyone remember the Barflys a sheff band who werent too bad i saw them at the leadmill backing pj harvy

Guest Guest

no they were from sheff (firthpark)

Originally posted by "shaun"

does anyone remember the Barflys a sheff band who werent too bad i saw them at the leadmill backing pj harvy

Oh yeah. I saw them a couple of times. Not wholly my cup of meat, but still a pretty good band. I was well into the local music scene....

Will

I used to go and see loads of bands in the 80s.

to see the local up and coming talent, The best used to be the battle of the bands at Steeleys.

Sharp Cuts - these are still going but not the full original line, they used to busk on Fargate, I hear they are planning a 25Th year bash at the city hall

Snap 14 - Not sure what happened to these

Many more but I can not remember the names, any body remember these bands???

Originally posted by "mikey"

I used to go and see loads of bands in the 80s.

to see the local up and coming talent, The best used to be the battle of the bands at Steeleys.

Sharp Cuts - these are still going but not the full original line, they used to busk on Fargate, I hear they are planning a 25Th year bash at the city hall

Oh they were great ! Liked them a lot.

Snap 14 - Not sure what happened to these

Many more but I can not remember the names, any body remember these bands???

I remember the name, but can't remember much about them, to be honest. But then between the early 80's and early 90's, Sheffield was awash with great bands. I never understood why more didn't break out of Sheffield and at least try to "Go national".

I'm sure I saw The Sharp Cuts busking in Northampton town centre in the 80's the day before Northampton Town were at home to United. I can also remember seeing loads of bands at the Limit & pubs round town,

Artery

Vision

Person To Person

Mirror Crack'd

Vendino Pact

to name but 5. The Rock on the Rates gigs were always a good way to see bands cheap. I can remember my careers teacher giving us free tickets for New Order at the Poly. Those were the days.

Not exactly Sheffield bands, but I did go to see U2 at the Limit, and The Jam's farewell concert at Steeley's (Top Rank), god that was some gig.

Used to see the Human League girls dancing around in the Crazy Daisy also, in fact I saw one of them recently in Sainsbury's at Archer Rd.

Funny old world isnt it, should have said to her Don't you want me baby......intead of those beans!!

just as well you didn't, I bet she stopped finding it funny after the first five or six hundred times.

I used to go to school with one of Vendino Pact & saw them in London in the early 80's. Not much of a Sheffield connection really...

Still, Bryan, if you read this, get in touch. Colin Tenwick has my e-mail.

Anyone go see Bill Murrey & The Boys From Bury? All from Sheffield and the leader singer wasn't called Bill Murrey 8) weird

i just seen the band vision mentiond in one of these posts anyone know of any web sites about said band thanks.

to reply to mikey from Jan 2003. Snap 14 split up around the middle of 84. I played guitar and joined The Touch for the next year, and then sod all afterwards. Tina the keyboard player didn't join another band. Nick the drummer was in The Warhols for a while - don't what he's doing now. James the singer/bassist went on to be in Skin, then Don Valley and the Rotherhides(under the pseudonym Norton Lees) and is currently in Chicken Legs Weaver, who I haven't seen, but by all accounts are very good.