Meadowhall is a disaster!!

What more do you want?!

Hmm, seems to me meadowhall could easily be 10 times smaller than it is as all the shops sell the same stuff!! And don't say you have the lanes...:loopy:

Originally posted by Abdul

Wait until you have some kids. Try dragging them round town as opposed to Meadowhall...especially when it rains.

Yes, Meadowhall has its faults, but it's more convenient than the city centre in many respects.

And just wait until Sheffield city council introduce their congestion t-t-t- charge

I can see how town would be a nightmare with kids in tow...ah for the days when the little darlings were packed off to boarding school and saw their parents but once a year, for an hour on xmas morning...the trials of such things await me somewhere down the line!

Meadowhell is the very incarnation of convenience in every possible way, the guiding principle by which such places are designed dictate that they must eliminate the niggling problems that the city-centre presents.

But I find that the place is highly stressful and as I use public transport rather than drive the simple fact is that town is closer and more conveniet for me, plus the congestion charge don't apply.

When my circumstances change significantly then I will be forced to reevaluate my stance on the subject, but until then I'll stick to the city centre and stay away from the "domes of doom"©.

The thing about Meadowhall as well, is that aside from big Department stores, ie the likes of Debenhams and Marks's, most of the shops are all on one level, which makes them considerably more wheelchair friendly than a lot of the shops in Town... Granted that doesn't make much difference to me personally, but for such as PT (Plain Talker), and other disabled shoppers, it's a godsend.

I mean they even offer courtesy wheelchairs, free of charge, Town doesn't, at least I don't think they do :loopy:

I don't know what the fuss is about. If you don't like Meadowhall, don't go. If you prefer the city centre then fine. I personally prefer the city centre but have nothing against (ie. hate, or want to closedown) Meadowhall.

Leed has White Rose centre and a great city centre both working successfully. I hate to admit it, being a Sheffielder, but why not here too ? We should have more investment in the centre but leave Meadowhall for those who like to shop there.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

and there isn't any decent shops.

It's a shame that your "red brick" degree couldn't provide you with a grasp of the fundamental rules of grammar.

Funny that, I wonder why? :confused:

Maybe it was because the course didn't involve me writing one bit of english.

Just go back to the box on some dingy street in Ecclesall that you crawled out of. Maybe I should ask Geoff to change your username to "billy no mates" or alternatively I could just report your post for flaming me.

Nest time you have a problem with me PM me rather than have a dig at me on the forum for no apparent reason, other than to inform me that my english language doesn't meet your grade.

Ooooh that told me didn't it?

PS. There are no dingy streets in Ecclesall. ;)

Originally posted by Ned Ludd

The kids in Darnall have the highest incidence of Asthma in Sheffield and one of the highest in the UK. The proximity of the motorway is an obvious reason and Meadowhall is doing more than it's fair share to help in this.

I think you mean Tinsley, Darnall is a fair distance away from Meadowhall and the motorway

Originally posted by Skatiechik

Nest time you have a problem with me PM me rather than have a dig at me on the forum for no apparent reason, other than to inform me that my english language doesn't meet your grade.

Pity that we can't switch him off like you can do with Mr Paperclip man in MS Word.

Originally posted by t020

Ooooh that told me didn't it?

PS. There are no dingy streets in Ecclesall. ;)

Oh I'm sure any street you live on must become automatically dingy, dearest heart.

Why thank you. :D