Gower street pubs

the robin hood was bottom of ellesmere road. the carlise was at the bottom of gower street turn left and about 10 yards on carlise street. tea gardens was on grimesthorpe road about 200 yards up from the vestry hall on other side. and the albion was next to john heaths top of spital hill.

Thanks for the info, when did they all close? Recently or years ago? I've only been in Sheffield about 7 years and don't recall seeing any of them.

Am I right that the Carlisle is the one on the corner nearly opposite the Norfolk Arms, which is now a 'dance bar'?

Thanks for the info, when did they all close? Recently or years ago? I've only been in Sheffield about 7 years and don't recall seeing any of them.

Am I right that the Carlisle is the one on the corner nearly opposite the Norfolk Arms, which is now a 'dance bar'?

yep thats the carlisle still open but changed its name think its for over 21's.

the albion changed its name a few times remember it being called the golden perch for a while. robin hood closed a few year back and converted to a shop.

the tea gardens closed its doors a couple of years back. the biggest loss down there imo was burngreave club. our mums and dads used to go there for the bingo and club turns. whilst us younger ones used the snooker room as a meeting place before going enmassed up to 30 handed on a pub crawl. still go down there but like owt else its not like it used to be.

Yes i used to go down Gower street Bladebloke. Didnt you once smash all the windows at the dentist's at the top of the road on the way home ?

Very mature that !!!!!

Yes i used to go down Gower street Bladebloke. Didnt you once smash all the windows at the dentist's at the top of the road on the way home ?

Very mature that !!!!!

think you getting me mixed up with someone else airborne. plus there is'nt a dentist top of gower street.

My mate wardy plays football for the royal oak and altho its a blades pub its not to bad;)

No it was definately you. The dentist at the top, is it on Burngreave road ?

You smashed all the window because i saw it the next morning. it was a right mess. Hope your proud !!!!!

very good friends with all 3 of jim stocks sons. his betting shop was just down from the albion which was next door to john heaths.

Thanks for that news, I thought it might be asking a lot for someone of Jim's age to come on the forum. Good place to have a funeral parlour next to the bookies! The betting game was worthwhile in those days before the independents were taken over. A character was Jim.

Any Grimesthorpe lads from the Alex on Carlisle street

My mate wardy plays football for the royal oak and altho its a blades pub its not to bad;)

know geoff well good footballer but a very poor drinker.

know geoff well good footballer but a very poor drinker.

You not kidding pal, i worked with him for years and a total lightweight.His biggest problem is the love he has for paul weller.:hihi: :hihi:

No it was definately you. The dentist at the top, is it on Burngreave road ?

You smashed all the window because i saw it the next morning. it was a right mess. Hope your proud !!!!!

look will you please p**s off. i'm talking to nice people now. can do without you and your pathetic wind ups. why don't you do something interesting and start a thread on ex paratroopers in sheffield.

thought you was keeping the peace in iraq anyway. whats up did a car back fire and you ran home to mummy.

your going to be a father next month so i suggest YOU GROW UP.