Gower street pubs

Mick is actually improved a lot in the last year or so. He is getting on really well now. He is really starting to turn things around. For the first time in many years we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.Things could have turned out a hell of a lot worse!

If he stays away from the Bowling Grenn he will be fine!!!!

Hi there.Yes i saw Mick last week walking his dog and he looked a lot better.We go back a long way and have had some great times esp at the match.Myself and others often tried to get Mick off the sauce but it lasted only a short while.The bowling green has been closed down quite a long time noe so that has to be a good thing for Micky.:)

just wandering has anyone on here ever drank in the pubs down gower street. and the surrounding area i started drinking down there around 79. it was very lively back then great old fashioned pubs with loads of characters. all the pubs had football teams on a sunday morning. darts on a tuesday. and friday/ saturday nights were as busy as anywhere in sheffield. just a few pub names i'm talking about. grapes, gower, royal oak, norfolk arms, carlisle, robin hood, staffordshire, east house, tea gardens, albion and burngreave club.

gower had youngest ever landlord darren bean his dad had norfolk bottom of dixon lane charlie

anybody remeber raymond wild?, havent seen him for 20 years. also gary mithchel with the broken nose, hes a good lad.

anybody remeber raymond wild?, havent seen him for 20 years. also gary mithchel with the broken nose, hes a good lad.

was out with mitchell last saturday night at a mates 40th up walkley. still as thick as they come.

hav'nt seen ray for a couple of years his haunts used to be toll gate and bay horse better known down gower street as chesney.

Anyone seen wardy in the oak recently.Havnt heard from the lightweight for a while.cheers.:hihi:

wardy is always in the oak sunday dinners

Anyone seen wardy in the oak recently.Havnt heard from the lightweight for a while.cheers.:hihi:

was drinking with wardy last sunday dinner. had a few digs with blades going down but still drinks like a girl.

how u going on airborne long time no c hope yur keeping ok nice 2 hear you

have a bambino now hope you calmed down from smashing things up

Hello Blades66, There nothing left to smash up over here in Baghdad.

Thought you was banned from going on a computer by the police for pretending to be a 14 year old girl who likes Westlife and Robbie in them chat rooms ?

How are you anyway ?

wondered when u was going anser back wen u home next go 4 a drink if u behave nowt wrong with robbie:hihi:

hello mi little BLOOD,, how ya keeping nice to hear your still around.THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED!! i hear you have a little PICNEE. hope he/she are ok..i suppose that squashes that rumour, that you are a battyman.?? or ave you & bullet adopted..??? anyway NX time you in my town we will have a swill..ok mi skin....ave you still got that lighter i swapped with you?? it must be worth a few bob now..

hello mi little BLOOD,, how ya keeping nice to hear your still around.THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED!! i hear you have a little PICNEE. hope he/she are ok..i suppose that squashes that rumour, that you are a battyman.?? or ave you & bullet adopted..??? anyway NX time you in my town we will have a swill..ok mi skin....ave you still got that lighter i swapped with you?? it must be worth a few bob now..

fozzy yer hole. airbourne is terry curran (plays for both sides)

have you been reading what these para boys get up too behind barrack closed doors. next time he's home i'm going to give him a good kicking not swap f*****g lighters.

do you still drink in the dev saturday dinners rarse. i'll have to pop in now football seasons finished.

mid to late 80's it was. i got to the final of the gower arms bar billiards open.

played a bloke called roger schofield. we arranged to play at 8 bells on a friday night before it got busy. i had a break of over 1,000 points and still going strong when i picked a white ball up instead of the red i should have picked up. one of my "fans" a member of the longley ultras told me the red was down so i put the white back and picked up the red. to the utter dismay of the landlord mr been who went ballistic shouting that was'nt allowed. my rival roger shrugged his shoulders and said it did'nt matter as we had agreed before the game to share the prize of a gallon of stones. (the bar had gone the bottle had gone and my lot had gone) but mr been was having none and said we would have to replay the game behind closed doors with no ultras allowed in.

we played the following sunday 7.30 before the landlord opened at 8.00 and i came a close second but still 4 pints better off. it was over 20 years ago but still one of the highs of my sporting life along with burngreave darts champ 85 and coming 2nd in a walking race across sutherland road shallow end in 71.

oh and i once knocked harry lomas out of the burngreave club snooker knockout when festa the bookie had me as an 100/1 outsider.

Hi Bladebroke, When you lads keep quoteing the club do you mean the liberal or conservative, Iwas a member of the liberal in the 50ties Cheers Arthur.