Wireless router/usb to Motorola surf help needed

I have just bought Belkin G+ router which was advised would be okay for Broadband telewest. I have a motorola surfboard calbe modem. After following easy install disk! I am stuck at the point where I am asked to locate the cable connected between your modem and the networking point on your computer...."unplug and plug into blue port on new router." As my motorola is linked via usb I am stuck! I do have spare networking cables and there is a port on the Motorola but I am not really sure if it is possible or should I take it back? I am no expert But this seems to be a pretty basic part of the set up procedure, any help would be grateful I am happy to persist but if I have bought the wrong equipment then I will take it back?

i assume your modem used to be connected to your computer via usb and you're now wanting to use a router? if thats the case, forget about the usb connection and use a network cable between the router and the modem, and between the router and the computer. it "should" just work :)

Make sure you switch the cable modem off for a minute or two (needs unplugging, not just the standby button pressing) otherwise it won't recognise it has a new device attached.

Thanks managed to get everything working, I had to re install the modem with the ethernet cable and change the settings the rest worked pretty much straight forward. Suprised that it does not say anywhere what to do if you have USB connection, still all done now. Cheers.