Euthanasia - Should it be legal in Britain?

Euthanasia - Should it be Legal in Britain?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Euthanasia - Should it be Legal in Britain?

• Yes, it should be Legal in Britain
    • No, it should be illegal in Britain
    • Don't know

It happens that some people aren't able anymore to commit suicide,they might want to, but they physically can't anymore, hence the reason they have had enough, they have no dignity and no hope left to make any choices as to what they might want, they have to rely on others for everything a human being requires, so don't call this a life.

It happens that some people aren't able anymore to commit suicide,they might want to, but they physically can't anymore, hence the reason they have had enough, they have no dignity and no hope left to make any choices as to what they might want, they have to rely on others for everything a human being requires, so don't call this a life.

I do agree with you here,Applegrim.Having worked on a geriatric ward,and seen all the old people that have been "dumped"by their relatives,they have no dignity of life left.

I do agree with you here,Applegrim.Having worked on a geriatric ward,and seen all the old people that have been "dumped"by their relatives,they have no dignity of life left.

but thats a problem with society and the breakdown of families.

I still dont see how 'by knocking them off' we're progressing in the right direction. Quality of life is just too subjective a term.

By legalising Euthanasia we're just opening the doors to someone one day passing laws that people should be 'Euthanised' at say retirement (abit extreme but still a possibility)

Everybody needs care at the start of their lives and at the end.

The argument of Euthanasia is very similar to infantacide, where parents kill off their children (esp girls) as they will become a burden later on.

Both are wrong.

Z

When I was around 25 years old, my mother told me she had visited the pier fortune teller in Blackpool - - Eva Pellegrina or some such. She was told some facts about me, her son, that all matched, and that she would lose me when I was thirty. Shock - Horror - - I enjoyed the next few years, and went on some devil may care expeditions.

Now - sadly, I am afflicted with an incurable illness. I wish there was a euthanasia policy - - - that would enable my GP to prescribe scotch and nicotine in sufficient quantity to finish me off. I've been trying for thirty years or so, at no great cost to the NHS.

Tony Blair take note - - - One pill - one last dream - think of the savings??

as i said in my post,suicide often is not an option as it prevents people from leaving their loved ones any money.That assumes that they still have the ability to kill themselves-for many people in the later stages of terminal illness,they are too ill to carry out such an act

couldn't it also be argued that when the person is in a state where they cant kill themselves, they're also not able to make clear decisions ?

My Grandmother(God bless her soul), in her latter years was in so much pain that she was always asking God to end her life. She wasn't also fully incharge of her mental faculties, we NEVER took her seriously. To the contrary, we would try and make her laugh and distract her, even if for a short while.....

Z