Experiences with Esporta Gym

A walkman / mp3 player would do the job, even if you aren't listening to anything.

..been there, done that! Got fed up of being rude even when that didn't work!

I'm a fitness instructor and in my gym your there to train not to chat.

...that's how it should be everywhere, clients shouldn't have to be telling instructors about appropriate behaviour :)

does anyone know how Mark got on with all this??

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how this went on too, especially as this person is accusing a company of committing a serious crime on here. Be interesting to see what the police made of it.

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how this went on too, especially as this person is accusing a company of committing a serious crime on here. Be interesting to see what the police made of it.

The police won`t be interested in this

Why do you say that?

I just think that even though its alleged a crime has been committed, they will try and bat it off as a civil matter or such like.

But thats my opinion and I ain`t always right!!:)

If someone has signed that legal document as claimed by the OP and is trying to take money from the OP as a result then I reckon the police will be more than interested.

If someone has signed that legal document as claimed by the OP and is trying to take money from the OP as a result then I reckon the police will be more than interested.

They should be shouldn`t they?

Unfortunately, the police will not help and even if they do, the Crown Prosecution Service may not take the matter on because they have to determine whether it is worth prosecuting or not. Experience suggests that the police will palm this off as a civil dispute.

In any event, and depending on how strong you feel about it, you can take the matter on yourself in the County Court. If it is less than £5K claim it considered 'small' claims. You can act for yourself and need not have a lawyer of any kind. Procedure is very informal . . . and more important, win or lose, the Court will not normally award costs. Check out:

http://www.hmcs.gov.uk

On balance, the gym will probably succeed as they have a document containing your signature. You must ask the Court to set aside the contract on the basis that you were misrepresented as to the nature of the contract i.e. a monthly contract rather than a 12 month contract paid monthly. In this case, it is your word against the manager. I doubt the manager would say that he had misrepresented the contract. :(

I would suggest that you try to come to some resolution by negotiation. Cheaper and less stress.

Anyway, hope that helps.

If the gym staff forged the signatures on a legal document as the OP claims then this would be a case of fraud. That would be a criminal issue, not a civil one.

As the OP has made a statement in a public place accusing Esporta of a criminal offence I would suggest the best move would be to contact the police. This is a very serious accusation, especially in a public place like this, it's not a civil matter as far as I can see.

If the gym staff forged the signatures on a legal document as the OP claims then this would be a case of fraud. That would be a criminal issue, not a civil one.

As the OP has made a statement in a public place accusing Esporta of a criminal offence I would suggest the best move would be to contact the police. This is a very serious accusation, especially in a public place like this, it's not a civil matter as far as I can see.

I see what you mean. However, there is both civil and criminal fraud. For a relatively small matter like this, the CPS would not prosecute, in my view. If the fraud involves millions of tax monies then that is a different matter. . .:(

It is the system. . . :|

I understand where you`re coming from(ie. trying to make the op stand by his accusations).

My father-in-law (ex chief inspector) has dealt with many of accusations like this, all of which classed as civil matters.