PictureSheffield.com: Why don't they update their info?

On the website they have around 20 pictures that are listed as "unidentified" and the site invites you to submit any information you might have about what these pictures are actually of.

Now when I came across the following picture I was quite excited due to the fact that it was instantly obvious to me that it was the playground of what was once "Morley Street School" looking onto the back of the Middle School with which it shares its grounds. Both are now known as "Rivelin School":

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=u00103

I first noticed this when I was in the library and filled in the provided slip and even pointed it out to the librarian behind the desk. A few months later I checked the online archive and saw that it was still listed as "unidentified" so I filled in the form on the archive and submitted it.

But the picture is still listed as "unidentified" when some of the other pictures in the same catagory even if still a mystery have people's suggestions noted with them.

Are the librarians lazy or just out to stop me from contributing to this wonderful archive of photos?:suspect::huh::help:

If you look on the Whats New page of the site you'll see the last article was from April 2005. May have sommat to do with it :(

April 2005

Now that Heritage Lottery Funding for Picture Sheffield has ceased, the rate at which we are able to post material to the site has slowed down. We have achieved our target of 10,000 images and are currently reviewing new material with a view to putting it on the web.

This will mean small batches of no more than 2-300 pictures and probably no more than twice a year. It is hoped to host the first new batch in the early summer of 2005. Please bookmark this page and revisit for the latest news.

Ah!:thumbsup:

Enlightenment at last!:hihi:

Is there a "friends of sheffield library"?

If not is anyone interested?

There are Friends groups for a number of the branch libraries and there is a user group for the Central Library. Depends which you're interested in. Contact the Sheffield Information Service (based in the Central Library) on 2734712.

Just in case anyone hasn't looked in the last few days, they've sorted the date problem on the pictures, now they're back to normal instead of everything being 2000 or whatever it was.