Cooking smells from Northern Foods in S20

You must live near me... I prefer the wind from the south and "Eau du Damon's" wafting in through my patio doors ! :love:

Although, the very loud steam venting noise from Northern Foods is much more annoying than the smell... I've been around there at 4am in the morning banging on the gatekeepers window asking for the managers adress so I can go park in his driveway and hold my hand on my car horn to wake him up in a similar startling manner as to how his factory had just woke me !!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Although, they seem to have been a little more careful of late, perhaps my discussions with enviro health got results ! :suspect:

Don't know whats worse, Damons or Northern Foods?? The smells seemed to have stopped for a while, but they are back with a vengance now!

I love the smell of damons!!!

OMG, really??? Bet you don't live near it though? The smell of fried food day in day out can become rather tedious!

Well nearish, Halfway But I guess if I had to smell it day in and day out I suppose I would be sick of it too.

Well nearish, Halfway But I guess if I had to smell it day in and day out I suppose I would be sick of it too.

To be fair, its not just Damons, but KFC, McDonalds, Northern Foods all in the same area pumping out the smells. The mixture of all this processed food can be nausiating, especially late at night and early hours of the morning. The litter is a big problem, especially when the revellers have emptied the contents of their 'family trough' from KFC all over the bus shelters and tram stops.

imagine the partners of all those ppl that work at these places. they come home stinking of it the house must fill with the pong. i can remember the sewage works on stone lane omg the stink, we would walk to school and the lorry would come we would all hold our breath it would make us sick and it was always dripping on the road. pooooooooo

Anybody else like me, sick of the smell of fried onions and vegetable soup eminating from the Northern Foods premises at Drakehouse. I'm sure there must be something to be done about creating smells like that in residential areas.

the smell is awfull, i can never distinguish what food it is, but its wrong and very strong.

i used to live near the McVitties factory in manchester mmmmmmm

yea a pain when in summer @ 4am, smell wafts through the window you get the muchies and then need to find an all night garage to get some harribo!!

Worked on the Northern foods site doing car parks and earth works,

when you arrived in the morning it smelled of bacon and eggs,by finishing time you were sickened by the same smell.