How Many Of You Are Going To Upgrade To Vista?

So, having read this thread and other stuff about Vista, it appears that software that MS doesn't "like" won't work on it? :loopy:

What the hell?!

So, having read this thread and other stuff about Vista, it appears that software that MS doesn't "like" won't work on it? :loopy:

What the hell?!

It's because bill gates and all his cack products spring from the same source, namely Satan's arsehole, Rich.

;)

...have you ever come across people who seem to have an eery effect of electronic equipment, are you one of them?...

yep I am one

when I was at uni I could crash the PDP11/34 by walking into the room where it was housed once I managed it by just approaching the door, users would cringe when they saw me, if I used a telephone a roar of static would slowly build so I couldn't hear who I was talking to after a minute, and I could pick up a static charge sufficient to zap someone on the nose just by walking across a room

then when I started work I seemed to have the opposite effect, someone complains about something not working, I wander over to have a look and it miraculously bursts into life, so I transferred to IT support

obviously I'd mastered my powers by then ... or started wearing more cotton :hihi:

100% off topic but phanerothyme, ta muchly for the good tunes on your playlist nice and eclectic.

introduced me to cassetteboy, ROTFLMAO!!! :thumbsup:

I've just got vista, and im trying to get tv on it, with the media centre. I got bbc with a crap picture. Any idea's how to make this work please? :help:

ta muchly for the good tunes on your playlist nice and eclectic.

introduced me to cassetteboy

Cassetteboy is a big favourite on phanfm, glad you liked it.

someone complains about something not working, I wander over to have a look and it miraculously bursts into life

i am 'blessed' with this too.

although i tend to think it's more down to having a decent level of patience with computers. :)

i am 'blessed' with this too.

although i tend to think it's more down to having a decent level of patience with computers. :)

or we've stopped wearing nylon ;)

I have to say if I had a penny for every time I've heard someone say "well it didn't do that before you came over" I'd probably have nearly a pound ... I could have bought a lottery ticket, won and retired on that pound ... damn I should have charged more :roll:

I have to say if I had a penny for every time I've heard someone say "well it didn't do that before you came over"

Yep, i'd be a millionaire too. Maybe i will start asking for a penny anytime anyone says it in my presence... :)

I've just got vista, and im trying to get tv on it, with the media centre. I got bbc with a crap picture. Any idea's how to make this work please? :help:

No-one at all? :confused:

No-one at all? :confused:

If you are only receiving the BBC and it's a crap pitcure then I'd suggest you try a different arial and run a rescan of channels again.

What arial do you have plugged in to it? Does the same arial get a decent picture on a TV set? (if it's an indoor arial, have you tried it in that location where the PC is with a TV)