What do people think of the Sheaf Pub On Fraser Road?

What Do People Think Of The SHEAF PUB On Fraser Road?

A good little pub, my friend recently took it over. It tends to be a bit quiet and could do with a bit of a "makeover" though, but other than that the Kronenberg is good :D

A good little pub, my friend recently took it over. It tends to be a bit quiet and could do with a bit of a "makeover" though, but other than that the Kronenberg is good :D

Will ur friend br KAY?

Yeah, but more so her son Dan.

Yeah, but more so her son Dan.

ye i no dan aswell so do u go in often then?

I have lived close to the place for 12 years, and they have always struggled for custom, because it looks like an estate pub. None of my mates will go because they think its too quiet and pointless, and one used to live right behind it a few years ago when they seemed to have karaoke several times a week.

Its not a bad place but does get alot of younger folk in at the weekends, the tap room is more or less the same as it was when i first went in (1976) and still do. The pub will struggle as i see it was built at the same time as the estate and everyone used it,and as kids grew up so did they. Then they get married and move away, the new people on the estate will go on Woodseats instead then town, by the way met my wife in there 1976 it was a brill place then.

A local goose question!

I live on Fraser Road, but have never been in the Sheaf - it looks very chavy :rolleyes:

Am I wrong?

When I first met my OH he took me in there, he used to live on the Fraser estate,It was awful,full of underage drinkers and alcos and the place was filthy esp the loos,that was 3-4 years ago though so maybe its different now.

Yes some mates of mine used to go in there when they were 16/17 as they never had any trouble getting served as the place needed the business even back in the 1980s

However, I hear that when it first opened it was the place to be seen and people came from the other side of town to see such a modern and trendy pub. It was heaving in those days according to some people I know who are now in their late 60s.

Its not a bad place but does get alot of younger folk in at the weekends, the tap room is more or less the same as it was when i first went in (1976) and still do. The pub will struggle as i see it was built at the same time as the estate and everyone used it,and as kids grew up so did they. Then they get married and move away, the new people on the estate will go on Woodseats instead then town, by the way met my wife in there 1976 it was a brill place then.

I used to live on Todwick Road, is this the pub that is almost opposite the little path from there ? The landlord, 1977/78 was an ex para.

Hi Treatment, you are correct that's the one.

I've been in there a few times over the last twenty years or so and it has seemed to struggle with getting people through the door. It's a shame because the lounge isn't bad but I was decidely put off by the noisy Karaoke they tried.