How Bad Mannered- no thanks from others

How exactly would the owner have tracked your address down to send you a note??

They should have received a receipt from the police.

I handed some lost property in once & recieved a receipt with my name & address & a box to tick if I did or didn't wish the property owner to be privvy to my details (in case they wanted to thank me).

ive found a few phones before, took them home and rung "home" "mum/dad" stating ive found the phone and did they want to pick it up/meet in town. one guy was called "pipo" top bloke, he bought us a pack of fags for me being honest. i'd never hand anything in after working for a cinema in sheffield cleaning, on my first day i was told if you find anything keep it, especially phones. the reason was one of the cleaner's friends had bought a mobile handed in by the cleaner from the security. the security were pocketing everything and keeping it/selling it for themselves.

We were in Poundland on the Moor this afternoon when I found a purse on the floor.

I looked in for I.D. and saw a picture of a child. Me and my husband went round the store looking for this child but couldn't find her so I handed it to one of the cashiers.

Immediately the person she was serving shouted her friend and told her her purse had been found.

Now I'm so glad it went back to it's rightful owner BUT... am I being picky to have expected "thankyou"

Not a word. Just took it from the cashier who pointed me out and they turned their back and left.

I would like to think some one would be honest enough to hand mine in if the occasion happened but I KNOW I would have said thankyou.

Actually I wonder if the roles were reversed, would this ill mannered bird have handed your purse in? :heyhey:

It would appear that the scutter populus is growing and becoming more and more scutterish with each mutation. I say mutation, these people have not been bred, or brought up. They are the result of a one night drunken bunk up because the johnny machine had bust, or maybe a passing tramp had a **** into the tampax bin.

Jesus wept, my intolerance of these burks is getting less and less. I've had one behind me in the queue at tescos this afternoon, rowing with the slack jawed baseball cap bedecked boyfriend and his mother. Not just a slight altercation but a full on row with all the gory details. It turns out that the slack jawed loser has fathered three kids to three mothers of which the young bird is one and was proudly displaying the product in a DHSS supplied pushchair. She would have been barely 18, and the kid was a toddler, so logic dictates that we (stupid bloody tax payers) have kept the slapper and its spawn for at least three years. Add into the mix another two stupid birds in the same position, and the bill keeps rising.

Is there any hope whatsoever of reversing the current trend amongst these rat people who seem to make a good living shagging and popping out brats?

Perhaps the time has come to make breeding an invite only event and rid the gene pool of these ******s for good.

:hihi::thumbsup: Post of the month :clap::D

Yes. The OP has already said that the photo in the purse matched the child.

Yes I saw this after I posted. I was posting from work and kept stopping to finish the job I was waiting for so it took me longer to post. At the time I started my post there wasn't a reply and no previous mention of a child matching the photo in the other posts.

Thank You would not have hurt would it. There are a lot worse people out there that would have taken it for themselves.

when on the moor you generally dont expect people to be good mannered, it's awful i know, but thats how it is. i am very picky about when people say please and thank you... it does annoy me when you hold the door open or something and they just walk through, i have a strong urge to trip them up as they go through...or shout "it's alright" after them! :hihi:

I've gone past caring, I shout "your welcome" after them, just do it, you will feel so much better, and, if your gonna trip them up make sure no-ones watching, or else in this day and age you will get sued!! Ok :thumbsup:

As they say: expect not disappoint not because I'm beginning to despaire opf many people having any manners worth talking of.

pond land is a hole.

pond land is a hole.

And no doubt where the bottom feeders live! :hihi:

If it happens again hand it in at a police station, albeit will inconvenience you it will also make the owner think that someone had taken the trouble to return their property to them. And if they are as ignorant as the last one you will have the satisfaction of knowing that they had been inconvenienced.

Must be a poundland thing - I was just in there today and a 'lady' had left her pram unattended while she walked off to look at something and it fell over cos of all the bags stacked up on the back of it (there was no child in it by the way, he was off causing merry hell elsewhere). Woman just watched my mate pick it up for her and then walzed off, without a word of thanks.

As me mam sez, manners cost nowt.

In poundland it seems manners are far more expensive than any of the other stuff they're offering for sale which may be a major cause of the problem we are apparently experiencing with Poundland's customer-base.