Car insurance for 18 year old

where is the best place to get car insurance for a 18 year old? and how much roughly, my nephew got a 1.4 saxo on a t

Tony, if he has pass plus he will get a discount. I work for NUD so can only tell you about them, they do a 9mth rapid bonus policy for young drivers, you can get a quote here

No idea about the price, and dont blame me if the price is rubbish :P

If you go on confused.com or moneysupermarket.com they give you a number of different quotes from insurance companies

when i was 18 i got my insurance from endsleigh and they were the best deal i could get. i had a 1.4 peugoet 205, no pass plus. everywhere were quoting me about a £1000 for 3rd party only!! endsleigh offered me £800, still not cheap but nothing is for young drivers! Remember to get a few quotes and then go back to company and bargain with them. My current insurance is with confused.com, but i don't know how good they are 4 young drivers as i am no longer classed as young and i have all my no claims!

just got qoute from confused.com and they want £1050 for tpft, when the cars worth £500 :(, does £1050 sound about right for a 18 year old driving a 1.4 saxo T reg,

does £1050 sound about right for a 18 year old driving a 1.4 saxo T reg,

If you are doing it legally yes, you could insure it and put him down as named driver but we all know that’s dodgy.

:suspect:

Bite the bullet and let him start earning his own no-claims , my sons first car was a 1.2 Corsa and some quotes were as high as £2000 fully comp, with pass plus he got about %40 of but you will have to do some phoning around.

We was told that one in three teenage drivers will make a claim in the first year and the average claim is £1000 that’s why you will struggle to get insured for less than £1000.

my OH is 22 and his insurance, with pass plus and 1 year no claims, on a 1.4 52 reg focus is £1050. that was the cheapest he could get, next one up was gonna be £1850!!!!!!!

once i can drive will it be cheaper for me to go as main driver? i was told girls are cheaper? anyone know if its right?

(does £1050 sound about right for a 18 year old driving a 1.4 saxo T reg,

Not at all, it ought to be at least £8000, Blooming Boy racers :rant::rant:

why is it a boy racer cars? the car is totally standard with 14" wheels withstandard wheel covers? standard exhaurst!

My son is 19 and passed his test in March last year. He drives an 8 year old Ford Ka which I had from new. Whilst he was learning to drive the insurance cost £500 for us both to drive it.

Now he's passed his test the insurance has gone up to £650. I'm the main driver with 4yrs no claims and he's a named driver.

For him to have his own insurance it would have cost £1350.00.