'Forgotten' Stray Dog Dies in Police Kennels

How on earth can this happen??? OK so it appears the policeman who took the dog into the kennels on the 2nd January forgot to 'book' the dog in - so without the paperwork nobody knew he was there....

Surely somebody does routine walkabouts of the kennels even from a security point of view?? How can any dog be 'forgotten' and left to starve to death??

What a pointless and sad waste of a dog who sadly died a horrible slow death with no food or water!!

:rant:

that is so bad ,how did you hear about it

I was just reading it on teletext...I have searched for a link to the story on the internet so you can read it Full Story ...I see people are already making comments on this on the news page too!!! Hope the person responsible reads them!!

:(

whoever is responsible should be left with no food and water for ages, I hope they are suffering emotional for what they have done!

reading the full story has made me cry, the poor thing there is no excuse for this:(

whoever is responsible should be left with no food and water for ages, I hope they are suffering emotional for what they have done!

my thoughts as well

that is disgusting!

I can't say anything else, it's just horrible. That poor dog, the police really need to get a grip on lost dogs, if they're going to offer services, do it properly, if they can't do it properly, leave it to someone who can.

Thats just made me feel sick and very upset.

I am fully aware of how inept the police are... but this is so sad. :(

Thats just made me feel sick and very upset.

I am fully aware of how inept the police are... but this is so sad. :(

you and me both

What a shocking story! Human error or not, it should never have been allowed to happen and I hope the person responsible is punished.

Now hang on a sec.... :suspect:

From the fiasco I've had talking to SY police over lost/found dogs and the fact that it depends on who answers the phone what 'procedure' you're informed of (either that or it's different for different days of the week :rolleyes: ), I'd suggest that an officer who does not normally work at the station would not necessarily have the 'procedure' available to ensure this dog was cared for

now how did the regulars not notice the dog for this length of time? Was is noticed but ignored as nobody had been allocated to look after it?

Poor diggle :cry:

PS - yes, I know this isn't a SY case btw