Sign in to follow this  

Au Pair In America

Hi,

Im a regional coordinator for the Au Pair In America program so if anyone that likes working with kids ,has 200hrs of childcare experience(not for family members) , can drive and fancies a fun packed year in the USA(and paid for doing) pm me.Emma

I did Au Pair in America in 1993/4 and it was the most amazing year of my life!

I travelled around America on my own and with my host family - who were fantastic and I am still in touch with them today. I met loads of new friends from all over Europe and plenty of Yorkshire au pairs were in my cluster group.

It is an amazing experience - go for it if you get the chance!

:thumbsup:

Like Beckb im a past Au Pair.....best move you will ever take

On a similar (ish) note I did two summers working on a Summer camp with Children from 6-16 yrs of age.

3 months in year one and 3 months in year two.

Afterwards I travelled around and am in contact with good friends I made in the states too.

They were really the best summers of my life (with the exception of my recent honeymoon ;) ).

I went through Camp Couinsellors USA (CCUSA) http://www.ccusa.com and it was the most amazing experience. I would whole heartedly recommend it toi anyone with a sense of adventure, loves working with kids, has a lot of patience and energy.