Rant at sheffield homes

Nah, Kier are not a part of our patch at all. They have only come into play when Connaught have said a piece of work is not part of the refurb and is a running repair.

Sheffield Homes work in partnership with Sheffield City Council and five partnering contractors, Connaught Property Services Ltd, Keepmoat plc, Kier Sheffield LLP, Lovell Partnerships Ltd and Mears Group plc

The clerk of works is supposed to do the sign off but as we only have two to cover the whole of the area they are unable to get to every property. I do have the contact name and number however :)

Haven't had mine started yet so I'm keeping an open mind, but I had to have my asbestos survey re-done because the original contractor didn't do it right. Didn't get an explanatory letter or anything, just a card thru the door. Then when I rang to arrange the visit, the bloke asked if I "could bob out of work for five minutes" while he called??? I walk to and from work so that was a no. In the end I had to leave it with my parents and they suddenly got a call from the bloke saying he could be there in 5 minutes ... when they live 10 miles across town from me.

I appreciate it's for free and I'm very grateful but I resent what seems to be council policy now that as one of their tenants I must be sat at home on my arse all day just waiting for them. Some of us WORK :rant:

And i'm with fox20thc; I'm going to be SUCH a pain in their arse if they mess me about :hihi:

I appreciate it's for free and I'm very grateful but I resent what seems to be council policy now that as one of their tenants I must be sat at home on my arse all day just waiting for them. Some of us WORK :rant:

Its not free bobsgirl. Don't be fooled, rents are going up you know..:P

And I agree, the contractors do seem to think we are all at home all day waiting for them, they even suggest I leave them a key so they can come and go when they need to. Not a snowballs chance of that happening!!!

Really I thought I paid rent, Yippeee That means I am going to get thousands back in rebate.:mad::huh: Of cause its not free we pay rent and it goes up every year Maybe we should go back to the slums again. FREE :rant::loopy::gag:

point being that for many people who rent privately refurbishment either doesn't happen or is funded by the individual and for householders the mortgage company doesn't chip in to repairs, refurbishment or anythign else, yet the buildings insurrance and the terms of the mortgage require the property to be maintined to their standards...

honestly people in social housing really don't know they are born sometimes

a firend of mine used to work for a electrical contractor, and they considered weeks when they were rotaed to be doing for for HAs to be extremely easy as a lot of the work was none event work - changing bulbs or fittings, or even just going and resetting breakers / changing fuses after spotting the obvious knackered appliance that had caused the breaker to trip ...

Ooo this makes me so angry

It makes me so angry too... Some of you should try & live in some of these places the council call "decent" homes - they're ****. Alright we get a roof over our heads but you try living in the cold, you try living with electrics that don't always work properly, you try living with no central heating, or heating that works when it feels like it - and when you get them out to fix it they say there's nothing wrong with it.

point being that for many people who rent privately refurbishment either doesn't happen or is funded by the individual and for householders the mortgage company doesn't chip in to repairs, refurbishment or anythign else, yet the buildings insurrance and the terms of the mortgage require the property to be maintined to their standards...

People with a mortgage have equity, to maintain the property is to protect the asset. Buildings insurance only requires the property to be in a good state of repair, eg: a roof, protected from the elements and not a fire hazard.

People who rent privately are entitled to a home that meets the decent homes standard just the same as social housing tenants. The landlord must ensure its up to scratch.

Although mine was done (but still not completed :rant::mad: - see previous post) many many months ago, I have the same problem about access. I was actually told that the reason nothing was being done was because we are never in!!!!! Yes, it's called WORKING FOR A LIVING.

One of my objections to the gang who did ours was that their standard timetable each day was to call about 8.45 and check what was to be done and presumably that we hadn't touched their tools left overnight!! Within 10-15 minutes, they would have left to breakfast break. They returned around 10am to start work, till breaking for lunch about 11.45am. Back from lunch about 1pm, they worked until about 3.30 then went home for the day. Not bad working four and quarter hours a day for about seven or more hours pay!!!! No wonder it takes so long

forgot to mention - whilst the work was being done, I was told 'F*** off, it's only a counil house' - polite people or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my experience, the staff will have been treated like rubbish by the big nobs in the council, therefore not caring about getting the work done, and everyone suffers, this is as a result of it going private, and is also the reason I no longer work for St Leger homes!!

In my experience its because the main contractors sub contract the work out to smaller firms.

I have yet to discuss it with the customer liaison officer as she seems intend on putting letters through my door asking me to call them on a Mobile number to arrange for her to survey the property.

Now it was surveyed last year including photos so Im not sure what she is planning to do, after all she's not an architect... I also refuse to run up a bill talking to her on her mobile. My profile in the area is big enough that she can get my number if she wants to speak to me badly enough.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: guess what, they managed to find my number :thumbsup: CLA just phoned and asked if she could come on Thursday at 2pm..

"sorry I'm at work, Friday I'll be home by 3pm though"

"Oh sorry I cant do Fridays!" :rolleyes:

I told her she can come on Thursday but she'll have to wait till I get home.