Rant at sheffield homes

just want to know if anyone as had problems with sheffield homes.they started work on my house last week ,riped the kitchen and bathroom and leaved me with out no idea when they are coming back:o .so this morning phoned the main man .just for him to tell me he had no:confused: idea :confused: when they are back ..its a pain iv got 2 kids and cant wash clothes or go in bath:o .just wondering if anyone as had the same problems :huh: ..please post me

I had my home down by them in October and we moved out! the muck and mess was unbelievable! Worth it when its done but there are some bits on our house they still haven't done and I cant even be bothered anymore to ask them!

Mmm.. well they are due to start on my house on the 2nd February. I'm due to have the kitchen and bathroom done. I have yet to discuss it with the customer liaison officer as she seems intend on putting letters through my door asking me to call them on a Mobile number to arrange for her to survey the property.

Now it was surveyed last year including photos so Im not sure what she is planning to do, after all she's not an architect... I also refuse to run up a bill talking to her on her mobile. My profile in the area is big enough that she can get my number if she wants to speak to me badly enough.

I won't be allowing a workman over the threshold until I have in my had a schedule of works and a timetable. Apart from everything else I work and need to know when someone will be in my house.

I won't be allowing a workman over the threshold until I have in my had a schedule of works and a timetable. Apart from everything else I work and need to know when someone will be in my house.

Schedule of works!!!! timetable !!!!! That's a laugh.

They started our months and months ago, left the estate months ago now and still haven't signed ours off (unless someone faked our signature!!) nor finished the work. I've been bugging them ever since but no-one is interested. We had someone who was supposed to be in charge of clerks of works call to see what needed doing last Novermber - still waiting to hear back!!!!!!!!! I've got no confidence in the scheme at all. We've also been promised a six month check up - which should obviously have been done six months after the work was finished, but since it's not finished nor signed off - well that check up went by the wayside too!!!!

My friend is having problems with her oven being fitted, plus one unit is the wrong color and other bits still need finishing, including sealing the toilet to the bathroom floor!!!!

My daughter had hers started two weeks ago, so far, fingers crossed, no problems except they have blocked her bath drainage as they didn't put the plug into the bath before knocking the tiles off so the muck has blocked the drain!!!!

Oh well, so much for 'improvements' LOL!!!

Were having ours done now, well actualy it started in November and they still havn't finnished. Total nightmare lost keys wrong color units and paints, lied to constantly rips things out then leaves them that way for weeks imo total cowboys. Treated like third class citizens because were council tenants. You just wouldn't believe how they work. :rant::mad:

Dad's having his done at the moment.. So far...

they've only locked one lock on the door out of three

left window in kitchen wide open

been using dad's radio without permission

left nails & screws on sofa, sides, bathroom floor

ripped bathroom sink out & not replaced it for a week

left plaster remains in bath, kitchen sink (not washed away or cleaned up), all over carpets in hall & living room (despite having a few dust sheets down)

He's reported it everytime, and everytime they must have had a rollocking cos it's never happened again...

Dad's having his done at the moment.. So far...

they've only locked one lock on the door out of three

left window in kitchen wide open

been using dad's radio without permission

left nails & screws on sofa, sides, bathroom floor

ripped bathroom sink out & not replaced it for a week

left plaster remains in bath, kitchen sink (not washed away or cleaned up), all over carpets in hall & living room (despite having a few dust sheets down)

He's reported it everytime, and everytime they must have had a rollocking cos it's never happened again...

I don't think they have had training in using dust sheets, I had 4 folded up on our settee when they decided to knock the hell out of the kitchen. needless to say everything got covered in crap.:loopy:

My mum had her house started at the end of October and she is still waiting for them to finish it off. Doors not fitted properly, windows not fitted right! She went nearly three weeks without any central heating (just a gas fire in the living room to keep her warm) and couldn't use her bathroom sink for well over a week as it wasn't plumbed in right. She had mass disruption over Christmas. My mus is 75 and lives on her own and I really don't think this is how our elderly folk should be treated.

My partner and I went up in November and her house was freezing cold - my sister complained and they then did get her heating sorted out fairly quickly but they should have made sure that her heating was working without leaving the premies - I do think it's terrible how they have dealt with it.

Don't get me wrong it iss good that the Council are doing these renovations but I do think that tenants shouldn't have to put up with sloppy work or be left without heating/cooking or washing facilities for lengthy periods, especially the elderly and young children - it just isn't right.

At one point she was having to wash her pots in the bath as her kitchen sink wasn't fitted!

Mum though is very happy now with her new kitchen and bathroom but says she will be glad when the workmen have been back and done all the little bits that have been left so that she can get her things sorted again and start getting things put back into her cupboards.

Oh, she has just this past week had her washing machine re-plumbed back in - she has been having to take her washing to a launderette!

what a shambles they don't care one bit the council. My question is would they like to live like that....i think not.

Hang on, your getting you homes redone for FREE.

The leaving your homes without electircs or plumbing is shocking though.

Three weeks with no wash basin in bathroom infact no plaster or anything on the wall for 3 weeks. Kitchen no plaster or units for 3 weeks just a sink no washer or cooker lucky we work long hours so had food at work. No heating except gas fire and immersion heater for 4 weeks. Everything from the kitchen piled up in the living room with just a double settee to sit on. People should not be living in these conditions, at one time they used to move people out while this type of work was done. Like I said before it was just a nightmare. The problem is there doing to many houses at once with out the work force. There suppose to do 6 house then move on to the next 6 etc, but there halfway up the street and still haven't finished the ones at the bottom.:rant::suspect:

Hang on, your getting you homes redone for FREE.

Ok so it might not be perfect, but at least your not paying for it.

Really I thought I paid rent, Yippeee That means I am going to get thousands back in rebate.:mad::huh: Of cause its not free we pay rent and it goes up every year Maybe we should go back to the slums again. FREE :rant::loopy::gag: