Help - I want to get my poems seen!

Hi All,

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong group.

I have composed a couple of poems which at the moment are remaining a couple as I would like to show my work to the right people and enquire about possibly publishing some of my work?

Can anyone start me off?

hey. i'm sure you read the post on how you can post your works on this forum. this would,maybe, help. the other thing you could do, if you so inclined, is to look at the open mic scene around sheffiled. i have tried it myself and though i almost always choke and freeze i find it exhillerating!! this will, however, bring you exposure and anything else that comes after that, publishing and what not, are usually bonuses. hope this helps.

this is jah work, only the mistkes are mine.

blessed rasta

Hi Faye 12,

The Sheffield Forum writing group is a good place for you to start, it’s quite simple to join, simply send a personal message to Shoeshine or Mantaspook and we’ll arrange for a password to be issued to enable you to upload work to our dedicated server.

By doing this you are protecting your ‘First Publication Rights’ should your poetry be published at a later date.

There are more details on how to join on this thread, we have some talented members that can offer constructive help and advice.

With regards to your poetry I would be inclined to try contacting a publisher that has a track record for printing this kind of work and the one that instantly springs to mind is:

Faber and Faber Ltd

3 Queen Square

London WC1N 3AU

Tel: 020 7465 0045

Fax: 020 7465 0034

Thanks for your help!!:thumbsup: