Help decorators - why does my paint bubble

i just started painting the kitchen after scrapping walls of loose paint filling its with poly smooth over (cost me 25 quid) anyway this morning i decided to paint it in dulux one coat as it is a really dark blue , why is the paint bubbling i got all the loose paint off friday now its bubbling in diferent areas, really wound up to top it off ive fallen off the stool landed on my bum hit my head on the door frame fell into the bin and broke it and the roller attacked me and my asthma has been set off from paint, so im really having a bad day

why is it doing this???

close to getting a decorator dont want to do too much as we will be having a new kitchen in the next 12 months but the colour on it is horrible now im left with half kitchen blue and half green

help - anyone cheap at decorating and can sort my problem out i know cheap isnt always best option but only need it to last 12 months as long as it is on walls lol

Did you wash the wall? It could be grease??

hi yeh i did that with hot water and sugar after i scrapped it and before i fill them , thanks though

ive fallen off the stool landed on my bum hit my head on the door frame fell into the bin and broke it and the roller attacked me and my asthma has been set off from paint, so im really having a bad day

I was until I read this. You've made me laugh for the first time today. Not over your misfortune, but what a lovely turn of phrase.

I have been driven hysterical by home decorating and, after a sheet of freshly pasted Laura Ashley fell on my head and I walked into the piano because I couldn't see, I got people in to do it for me.

However : 1 spilt paint on the stair carpet & dealt with it by cutting off the pile with a Stanley knife. 1 got rid of spare paint by pouring it onto the garden and killing the herbaceous border. Another banged so hard when taking off tiles in the bathroom, he brought a whole wall of plaster down in the bedroom.

You stick to it hachandhach, far better you make your own mess than a complete stranger comes in and does it for you. If it's really awful when you've finished, pretend it's distressed and make a feature of it.

Good luck.

hi yeh i did that with hot water and sugar after i scrapped it and before i fill them , thanks though

Sugar?? Do you mean "Sugar Soap"? :confused: :confused:

Guest AnyBrand

Don't worry when the paint dries the bubbles will disappear. Its normal! Your thread was funny though made me laugh:)

1. It could be the roller if youre using one.

2. The surface might not be properly primed.

3. Is there any residue of sugar soap?

:shocked: I do hope you mean sugar soap and not sugar :shocked:

If not, there's your answer

If you've used a smooth over crack filler, it'll be very porus/absorbent. This will leech the water out of your paint and cause lack of adhesion. Bare plaster should always be coated with a dilute paint to start with, or primed using a pva based plaster primer

Sugar?? Do you mean "Sugar Soap"? :confused: :confused:

:hihi: :hihi: I hope she does :o:hihi: