Pregnancy - anyone currently pregnant?

Hi Zweena, Congratulations! I felt like a balloon at this stage too and had to get some maternity clothes as my tummy was so artificiallly swollen! It felt massive. Now it is actually massive (29wks!). It does seem to go so slowly particulary in the first trimester but I found the 2nd trimester felt much quicker, particularly once past all the scans etc I have got on with my life a bit more. Now I am getting big and heavy it is slowing down a little. I do feel like I have been pregnant forever though. :)

p.s. I live in Woodseats too! Am looking out for local groups, childcare etc so will keep you posted! please let me know if you know of anything

Hi Zweena, Congratulations! I felt like a balloon at this stage too and had to get some maternity clothes as my tummy was so artificiallly swollen! It felt massive. Now it is actually massive (29wks!). It does seem to go so slowly particulary in the first trimester but I found the 2nd trimester felt much quicker, particularly once past all the scans etc I have got on with my life a bit more. Now I am getting big and heavy it is slowing down a little. I do feel like I have been pregnant forever though. :)

p.s. I live in Woodseats too! Am looking out for local groups, childcare etc so will keep you posted! please let me know if you know of anything

Hello SamMT! Whereabouts in Woodseats are you? I'm pretty sure I read that there is an NCT group close by, but will check if this is true. There is netmums although I can't personally vouch for them as it's a new discovery.

One thing is for certain: I'll be flipping glad when my boobs don't hurt and when I can get through a day without a nap! Annoyingly, people say "You're looking really good!" and all I feel is like an zombie with PMS.

Hi, I am 18 weeks pregnant, I had my first scan last week, it was great!! It makes everything feel so much different!! I am more tired now though than I was in the first trimester :confused: I'm ready for bed now!!

I've been getting a little ache under the left side of my ribs, it feels like something is stuck there, sometimes it goes but it feels like something is there most of the time. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I know when you are a bit further on the babys foot can get stuck there, but I am thinking it might be too early to feel that yet.

We talked about having a baby for ages and in the end just thought sod it, we'll just do it and see what happens. We did it once and then decided to wait until after our holiday. But what do you know, that one time really is all that it takes sometimes!

I'm now 5 weeks so really early days, really want to tell everyone but am fearful of breaking the 3-month social norm/rule. Got the first gp appointment tomorrow to confirm it but done several tests (pink line getting darker each time!).

I had nausea before I missed my period and now have mild cramps, bloating (yesterday I looked 5 months pregnant!), tiredness, tender breasts and bread cravings.

I am already researching home births - I must try to calm down!

Would love to hook-up with others in early and/or first pregnancy - So PM me if you are in the preggers gang!

hi melanie - I found out when I was 5 weeks pregnant and I agree - the excitement is great. I really wanted to tell everyone but we decided to wait till we'd had the 12 week scan and confirmed that everything is ok. I'm really glad we did this aswell.

I can't believe how quickly time has flow by. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow..... :0

good luck with everything - I'm planning a homebirth too. I'll post my 'birth story' in the parenting group thread once it's all over.

I've been getting a little ache under the left side of my ribs, it feels like something is stuck there, sometimes it goes but it feels like something is there most of the time. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I know when you are a bit further on the babys foot can get stuck there, but I am thinking it might be too early to feel that yet.

I think you could be right, they're little wrigglers and it's entirely possible that your little one is playing trapeze on your ribs. Also, all the organs are slowly getting pushed aside and everything gets a bit squashed in there, although you can't feel it really it could be the cause of the ache.

Either that or you've got a footballer in there practicing with your liver!

We talked about having a baby for ages and in the end just thought sod it, we'll just do it and see what happens. We did it once and then decided to wait until after our holiday. But what do you know, that one time really is all that it takes sometimes!

I'm now 5 weeks so really early days, really want to tell everyone but am fearful of breaking the 3-month social norm/rule. Got the first gp appointment tomorrow to confirm it but done several tests (pink line getting darker each time!).

I had nausea before I missed my period and now have mild cramps, bloating (yesterday I looked 5 months pregnant!), tiredness, tender breasts and bread cravings.

I am already researching home births - I must try to calm down!

Would love to hook-up with others in early and/or first pregnancy - So PM me if you are in the preggers gang!

Ahhh CONGRATS Melanie!! :banana: :banana: :clap:

I did about 10 tests before I actually believed my eyes (you can buy the basic strips off e-bay, 10 for £2.95), and loved watching the pink line go darker quicker hehee!

I'm also hoping for a home birth, preferably in water, the whole hospital thing freaks me out. So it'd be lovely to hear your story Jen.

Saying that, I can't wait til the end of the first trimester :gag:

Saying that, I can't wait til the end of the first trimester :gag:

Ah! the 1st trimester, well I was unlucky, and my sickness lasted till about week 20:gag: as soon as the sickness is gone its very easily forgotton though. I expect thats wht labour will be like.

Hello SamMT! Whereabouts in Woodseats are you? I'm pretty sure I read that there is an NCT group close by, but will check if this is true. There is netmums although I can't personally vouch for them as it's a new discovery.

One thing is for certain: I'll be flipping glad when my boobs don't hurt and when I can get through a day without a nap! Annoyingly, people say "You're looking really good!" and all I feel is like an zombie with PMS.

Hi! I am near St Chad's church just off Abbey Lane. You are right the NCT class is often run local to us, but despite booking before we got to 12wks (you have to book mega early to get a place), ours are in Mosboro :mad: Its just about teacher availability and for my due date thats where it is. I joined netmums and also the babytalk part of hitched. Preferred the latter and still go on sometimes but have to say there is a quite a lot of anxiety on these sites- lots of panicky people and stories of tragedy which are not always that helpful but easy to get drawn into without realising. Lots of useful stuff though too if you dont get involved in the other. My boobs hurt loads at first too!! It did stop though fortunately- hope yours do too. The naps stopped too but have come back now! I fell asleep yesterday afternoon when I was supposed to be working and again this aft ernoon!! Had to bite the head off the choc Easter Bunny (which has been sitting on the dresser because it was too cute to eat) just to bring me round enough to get to a meeting! Am trying not to nap too much though as it stops me getting to sleep at night which I dont like.

Congrats Melanie. Great news :) :) :) Hope you have a good first trimester. Dont be afraid of breaking the 12wk rule just coz you feel its a social norm. Different things suit different people. You may find some key people need to know to make things easier for you, and evidence is now starting to suggest that choice people close to you knowing is a protective factor. People used to think not to tell anyone in case you miscarry but actually those who do adjust better with appropriate social support & often have to end up telling certain people anyway (though they wouldnt want to have to explain to people they didnt know well, hence its not a good idea to tell the world!!) We just told the people closest who give me the most support (its not like they hadnt worked it out!) and those who needed to know either way & this worked well as when we ran into one or two worries in my first trimester & when I was feeling really sick there were people who could understand and cover for me. Anyway, hopefully you will sail through your 1st trimester & 12 wks will be hear before you know it. good luck :banana:

I'm joining in too!!! :banana:

I'm now just over 13 weeks and getting rather fat already!!!

nausea has nearly gone, headaches really haven't, backache is more than a little annoying and its set off an old back injury that is causing me huge pain :(

I'm completely exhausted and unable to sleep during the day... oh and craving proper chip-shop chips... with lotsandlots of vinegar!!!!! :blush::help:

16 weeks and counting! :banana::clap:

The first trimester blues have dissipated, but a stint at Glastonbury Festival left me with a urine infection and terrible (VERY terrible!)....uhhh...constipation :blush: All sorted now, but got a bollocking from the GP for not looking after myself well enough. Oops! I just keep forgetting!

And I keep thinking I might be feeling movement, then think it's probably just my mind, then think it's movement, etc. Love to know for sure!

Em, I sympathise with your headaches. Had a migraine all weekend (why not during the week?!), was sick and knew I could take nothing other than paracetemol. Horrible.

So, when exactly am I meant to start 'blooming'?!