Pregnancy - anyone currently pregnant?

Thanks cosywolf :)

Zweena, i know what you mean about the blooming... i feel poo... i'm not blooming :(

and migraines too, just when you REALLY don't want one :( I got my worst just as hubby got home from work... on his birthday!!!! I managed to cook his tea, and give him a card, sadly i'd forgotten the envelope and writing in it... ah well, i can use it again next year!!!

Congratulations em3978 & Zweena :banana::D

Thanks cosywolf :)

Zweena, i know what you mean about the blooming... i feel poo... i'm not blooming :(

and migraines too, just when you REALLY don't want one :( I got my worst just as hubby got home from work... on his birthday!!!! I managed to cook his tea, and give him a card, sadly i'd forgotten the envelope and writing in it... ah well, i can use it again next year!!!

Ahhh NOO! That really is rubbish! The hubby took me out for a very lovely posh meal on Friday, and I was all mardy and quiet from the pain. Poor guys! God, imagine the birth....:|

I did have one day where I woke up feeling tremendously sexy and lovely, but work managed to sort that out and I looked like a raging bear with make up on by the end of the day :roll:

I'm like that at the mo without the inconvenience of going out to work all day!!! how do you manage that too???

I'm like that at the mo without the inconvenience of going out to work all day!!! how do you manage that too???

I'm doing my PhD, so flexi as much as poss. I'm even fortunate enough to have to work in my own little lab, alone, which was soooo useful for naps in the first 12 weeks. God, people must've thought I was weird/intoxicated on fumes! I used to go in like a zombie, do the very basics, come home, sleep. Or I'd sleep a good 14-16 hours overnight, then go into work after 7pm to avoid people and questions, then return for another looong sleep. It was all a bit surreal....

This week the challenge is swimming. I really need to start getting some exercise and 'me' time. I've also signed up for the full yoga course, it was excellent.

Rest! Your body is very busy! Oh, and eat those chips! I've gone off them completely, but I will eat the whole fruit aisle in any supermarket...

ooo glad the yoga was good, i really should join you on that one :)

I managed swimming on thursday, and apart from it hurting my ankle (sprained 3 months ago!) i did ok :)

and slept til lunchtime on friday!!! :hihi:

can i join too!!!? not sure how far i am until the midwife finally gets in touch, could be anything from 5 weeks to 12!!?!

Hi, I'm 31 weeks and trying to work up till 36 weeks. I'm a staff nurse and had to go down to part time at 20 weeks cos all day on my feet was killing me!! In the second trimester I was "blooming" and thanks to pregnacare I felt pretty good (apart from at work). Now I'm in the third trimester and feel pretty pants again!!

Not long to go now!! xx

Sazaboo,

It may be PSD (pelvic synphosis disorder) - I'd get it checked out just in case and they'll advise you how to minimise the discomfort.

Hope you feel OK.

LL

Congratulations Em! Really pleased to hear your news. Hope you start blooming soon. If you remember I felt rough as anything in my first trimester and was so miserable, but I have really felt good for the 2nd (well most of the time anyway!). Now at 36 weeks and starting to get really worn out again. Been trying to keep working but am seriously flagging like you Lizzzburr! I also work in a hospital and find waddling round on my feet rather hard work, but then the days when I am at my desk is also hard work as sitting in one position is achey. Also getting from the multistorey carpark to the ward feels like climbing everest, and I have also lost all ability to park properly and keep pranging my car in the car park!! Ah well, not long to go!

Not just me thats lost the ability to park then... :blush:

and i keep walking into things... doorframes, furniture, cats :help: I was dyspraxic in the first place, i'm soooo much worse now :(

congrats to em2007 too :D:clap: can't help with the midwife thing I'm afraid, Chesterfield seems very different, I just booked in to see her and that was it!

Congrats to you newly pregnant ladies! I remember how and when I found out with both of my boys. Both were planned so I knew around 3-4 weeks with both.

I had the sickness really bad with Bailey my eldest. I was so sick until 5 months I couldn't barely eat, I couldn't bear to be touched, even wearing clothes made me feel uncomfortable, I guess I am just srtange :hihi:

With Joshua I was only sicky for a few weeks I was so greatful!