Pregnancy - anyone currently pregnant?

Hi Anniec

My hubby came to my first appointment and it's nice to go through everything together and have support.

I went for a blood test with the midwife on Thursday and told him not to bother coming as I'd be in and out and what did she do, let me hear the heartbeat for the first time he was guttered!!!

Needless to say he will be coming everywhere with me from now on.

Just a tip never forget your pregnancy notes, I did in a fit of stupidity and where my blood was taken I'm now all bruised, revenge perhaps? :suspect:

Congratulations! First appointments are just to take family histories, bloods, weight and general health questions. :)

went for my first scan on thursday and im further on than i thought!

18 weeks today!

me and my boyfriend had a little cry when we saw it for the first time especially when it waved at us!

so my baby is due on new years eve (no gettin drunk for me this year ha ha!)

all i keep thinking is what a great way to see a new year in!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS PREGNANT!!!!!

aww congratulations, My sister was due last new years but my nephew was born on Christmas day just after midnight, first crimbo baby in the county (northants)

omg dont want mine on christmas day i want my dinner! lol

knowin my luck i will have mine on my birthday 14th december!

Mine is due on 22nd january, at least xmas is out of the way. phew.

Cant wait though this pregnancy is dragging. x

HI this is my first post on here and im currently 21 weeks pregnant, due on the 8th december. Really excited!!!

colettex

Welcome, MissStar, you'll find loads of lovely people here who can help with pretty much any question.

and congratulations!!

HI this is my first post on here and im currently 21 weeks pregnant, due on the 8th december. Really excited!!!

colettex

Congrats miss star, hope all goes well for you im 15 and a half week. almost 4 mnth. And am already stressed and fed up. Found out i was pregnant really early this time so it has dragged for ever now. But have decided against buying anything intill i have my 5mnth scan. That way i will have 4 mnth of being occupied buying,all the bits. x

hiya im pregnant 24 weeks and counting im aching all the time and dont look nice anymore.This is my second pregnancy and it wasnt like this last time cant wait to get her out

Hiya. I posted this question separately, but I have not gotten much of a response, so I thought I'd try this thread.

My husband and I just moved to Sheffield and just found out that I am pregnant (both last week!). We know very little about Sheffield and even less about pregnancy care, and we don't know anyone here yet and haven't even met our neighbors, so we've no one to ask for advice. Please help! How do you choose a GP/midwife?

We live in the Greystones area, and according to the NHS website, there are about half a dozen surgeries within a mile of our house and many more also close by. Some of the surgeries have ante-natal clinics, but I am not really sure what these are, so can't tell if they are an important factor. Do you usually see your GP or a midwife for pregnancy care? What should I be looking for in a surgery, and how do you find this kind of information before joining? Any recommendations convenient to Greystones?

Before coming to Sheffield, we lived in a village where there was only one surgery-- here there are so many choices, how do you choose?

Thanks very much for you help.