Frankie & Benny's, Centertainment. What have your experiences been like?

I had a bad experience at the Frankie and Bennys in Bury (Lancashire) a few years ago - we had booked a table for about 10 of us for a friends birthday but were kept waiting for our table for over an hour, once we were finally seated nobody came to take our drinks order - after 1/2 hour I had to go and find a waitress, then it took them ages to bring our drinks over and didnt take our food order - again i had to go find somebody. and then when it came to the bill they had put a 10% service charge onto the total - they obviously thought that they could get away with treating a group of young people like c**p but we asked for the manager and complained bitterly and they took off the service charge. since that day i've never been back to a frankie and benny's.

Chiquitos is faaaar better... Better looking wait-staff too :wink:

I always thought you could order beer or wine with a meal at 16?

Oooh i dunno, but anyhows she wasn't even 16, more like 12! Lol

I always thought you could order beer or wine with a meal at 16?

You usually can. However Frankie and Benny's is owned by "The restaurant group" and they do not permit this, despite it being the law. If theres 2 parents and 2 16 year olds on a table, only two alcoholic drinks will be sold.

wow,

Is this discussion for real? I guess you get exactly what you should expect at this sort of establishment. Do people get offended because they're not offered a knife and fork at McDonalds? Or should we complain if our KFC tastes of grease? Well, no.

Blimey.

The F&B lunchtime deal is pretty good around £6.50 for 2 courses.

The food is dire, pretty much like any of the establishments in that small area :shakes:

agreed. All the so-called restaurants in the Centertainment area are well over-priced and the quality rubbish. We tried Bits and Pizza the other day and wished we'd gone to KFC instead, it would have been much better!

I'll drive an extra mile next time and have a nice curry in Attercliffe or Pittsmoor instead. :thumbsup:

I agree all restaurants round centertainment are utter utter crap. I went to old orleans last time and it was terrible, burnt bits of meat with soggy chips.

AVOID THEM ALL

These places are horrendous, I cant imagine why anyone would want to spend a horrendous amount of money in a prefab tin box with contrived "justa like-a mama a used to make-a" boil in the bag faux Italian-American kid's menu readimeals...of course the food is gonna be total junk...

Just go into town/ London road and eat some reasonably priced and far tastier munch cooked by actual foreign people and tha!

One redeeming feature though was the cocktails...good cocktail bar. try the Amaretto Lemon Sours...sooooo nice!