Millhouses park miniature railway

Last night I had a dream about the millhouses park miniature railway. I seem to remember going on this as a kid ... but am not sure if it's a real memory or just one of those memories we invent. Maybe I am getting it mixed up with the one at Scarborough ...

Can anyone else remember the millhouses park miniature railway ?

It is still there and going strong.

Originally posted by bonny

It is still there and going strong.

No way .. are you sure bonny !?

I was at millhouses park about a month ago and didn't see it ... and if it is still active I NEED to go back and re-live some childhood memories !!

its still there but on the other side of the rd up a path in the woods theres a full layout with stations etc

If it's the one I'm thinking of it isn't actually in the park, but over the road in the woods. Opposite Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet I think. It is only open occasionally, once a month or something like that. It's brilliant - really low key and friendly. If you've got kids it's definitely worth going. They even have Santa specials at Christmas! I must find out when it's open again, I haven't been for ages.

If anyone has any more info ... please post it or PM me.

How can when find out when it's running ?

never, your never to old to learn.

:thumbsup:

its there on sunday afternoons jut past abbeydale industrial in the woods opposite side of road

I've been there several times, and the children love it. It's not particually buggy friendly if you have a young child though.

The best thing is you're allowed to have picnics on the central lawn, so it makes a nice cheap and enjoyable afternoon out with the children.

That miniature railway is certianly not in Millhouses !

It's in Totley (just), nearly opposite the garden centre (area wrongly called Dore).

It's on Abbeydale Road South between Dore&Totley Station and Beauchief Gardens on the opposite side.

You know when it is open as they open the gate.

The railway is open every sunday afternoon (or more??) in summer i recon and quite a few sundays in spring and autumn.

It's to the left of the A621 icon:

browse.cgi?lat=53.331&lon=-1.5155&scale=10000&icon=x

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

That miniature railway is certianly not in Millhouses !

It's in Totley (just), nearly opposite the garden centre (area wrongly called Dore).

[/img]

So that would be Abbeydale then.