who votes for the buses to strike everyday...it could be a anti-road pollution measure :)

I've actually found the roads between Meersbrook and Norfolk Park loads worse. There have been nutters on the road who shouldn't drive - and it's quite a relief to think that they don't most of the time. I am surprised, though...do that many people who own cars really not use them most days? It's nice to think so.

Or perhaps they've all been banned from driving if there's any other transport they can use, because they're so appallingly ignorant/stupid/obnoxious :lol:

If you must drive, at least drive like the people around you are human beings with their own places to get to and a rational need to stay alive.

:shock:

The good news is that the bus strikes on Tuesday and Wednesday have been suspended:

First, South Yorkshire’s leading bus operator, are pleased to announce that the Transport and General Workers Union (T&GWU) have suspended planned strike action on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th June, following an improved pay offer by First management. Normal bus services will operate on these days.

The T&GWU will confirm whether Thursday 19th’s planned strike action will take place following a further meeting on Monday 16th between First and the T&GWU. This information will be posted on-line as soon as it is known.

The revised offer sees an average hourly increase of 5.7% for all staff, back-dated to April. Two-thirds of staff will receive an increase of more than 6.5%.

Commenting on the revised offer, Mr Gary Nolan, Managing Director of First in South Yorkshire, said: “I am pleased that the Union has decided to suspend this action and I would urge them to recommend acceptance to their members so that the traveling public of South Yorkshire are not further inconvenienced.”

Customers should call First’s Customer Services team on (01709) 566000 for the latest information or see our website.

Originally posted by "Chloe"

I got quite annoyed with the people who were on the news yesterday... general public walking round town been asked what they thought of the bus strike and they were ALL so nasty about it. If it was their job and they thought they weren't earning enough money I'm sure they'd do the same!!

I'm not a bus driver, and I don't think I get enough money. I'll go out on strike then. Thanks for the advice.

Chloe has a slight vested interest though - her dads a bus driver. :roll:

its all elementry anyway

trams>buses

simple! :D

i bet Stagecoach are rubbing their hands with glee when the strikes are on :lol:

I have a vested interest because I have to put up with him when they're off!! Nah, am only kidding! SheffieldLady - please don't be sarcastic, it doesn't do you any favours.

Chloé

Originally posted by "Chloe"

My dad's a bus driver, personally he isn't bothered about the strike, he's not in a union so it wouldn't make any difference

I bet he'd take any pay rise tho that the union won, without him having to pay a penny for it. bloody hypocrites, nigh on as bad as scabbing

Originally posted by "SheffieldLady3"

I'm not a bus driver, and I don't think I get enough money. I'll go out on strike then. Thanks for the advice.

bloody good idea, damn good luck to ya

I could easily have taken offence in your posting about the union. My dad's not in the union for your information and that's exactly why he didn't want to strike. He's been losing money for the duration of the strike! Bloody hypocrites?? I'd rather you didn't call people things like that, it's not clever of you, gains you no respect from me anyway.

Chloé