This really happened (strange story of a creidt card and a Chinese takeaway)

I went to a Chinese takeaway in Millhouses the other day to collect an order.

I passed them my debit card to pay for the meal and I put my pin number into the little machine.

The little counterfoil printed off and the lady behind the counter passed it to me to check the amount and sign, as I did. I passed it back to her and she turned my card over to check the signature.

As this was a new debit card I had forgotten to sign it on the back so the lady passed it back to me to sign which I did and then passed it back to her.

She then proceeded to carefully check the signature on the card against the signature on the counterfoil

:loopy:

I passed them my debit card to pay for the meal and I put my pin number into the little machine.... passed it to me to check the amount and sign

but, but, .... if you've typed in a PIN she doesn't even need the signature so why was she getting you to sign in the first place?

but, but, .... if you've typed in a PIN she doesn't even need the signature so why was she getting you to sign in the first place?

Exactly! Sound like a job for Macintyre Undercover.

Maybe I looked suspicious? Obviously, the signature check confirmed my identity for her. Phew!

Or she cooked all that food and didn't want it to go to waste :hihi:

you wernt wearing a suit with arrows on it were you and carrying a bag with "swag" written on it!!

So she got you to sign your card AFTER you'd signed for the goods, then checked the signatures, both of which you'd just signed seconds before in front of her.

You'd put your pin number in so really, as already posted, signature wasn't required.

Crazy Chinese takeaway woman.

how about this.

went in a travel agents in Meadowhall to get some foreign currency it was a rather large amount they had not got enough and they said they would order if for next day.I was not in too much rush for it so I said I would collect on friday 4 days later.They wanted payment and I gave them my switch card and it took it a bit of time for the transaction would go through the card was faulty and the woman behind the counter advised me to apply for a new card.

I did five minutes after coming out of the travel agents the card came two days later and I disposed of the faulty card went to the travel gents on friday for my currency and had to produce my card for verification.

same woman who dealt with me previously.

would not give me the currency because the card did not match the one I had ordered the currency with.

It could have been one of those fake chip n pin machines that reads your info! she`s now got your pin number and a copy of your signature ....keep an eye on your account. You never know!!!!

She then proceeded to carefully check the signature on the card against the signature on the counterfoil

You can never be too sure. :D

I went to a Chinese takeaway in Millhouses the other day to collect an order.

I passed them my debit card to pay for the meal and I put my pin number into the little machine.

The little counterfoil printed off and the lady behind the counter passed it to me to check the amount and sign, as I did. I passed it back to her and she turned my card over to check the signature.

As this was a new debit card I had forgotten to sign it on the back so the lady passed it back to me to sign which I did and then passed it back to her.

:loopy:

sometimes even when you enter your pin it asks for a signature. It can be a fault on the transaction at the time. its happened to me. Although as advised by others keep an eye on your account!