How long did it take you to get home last night?

Well i set off from sheffield city centre at half five going to Liverpool. Got to Trafford centre on the M60 at 7 oclock then hit wall to wall gridlock. HGV's had overturned on the M62. Did one mile in two and a half hours. Nothing was moving. :loopy: :loopy: .

There was no way of getting to liverpool and both carriageways were blocked so turned around and dropped my passengers off at Manchester Airport. Got back in Sheffield at half eleven. :huh: Personally i think HGV's should be banned from driving in high winds as they cause chaos on our roads. harsh but true :thumbsup:

Trams were fine - I got home quicker than normal, about 30 minutes.

Almost made up for the hour and a half it took me to get to work in the morning. :mad:

same here. i was working till 6 anyway, so i think that helped being as most other people had a taken a flyer.

x

took me about an hour and a half from leeds (M62, M1) traffic wasn't too bad to be honest but i got off before meadowhall and drove through chapletown and longley just to be on the safe side

I was home in 2 hours, but its only 6 miles!

Spent most of that on the Parkway...did you see me waving, PT? :)

Left work at normal time, tram came a little earlier than normal - home about 5 minutes early.

Got home in record time. About 25 minutes. But thats because we went out for a meal after work and then i had somewhere else to go then drove home at about 9pm it was great :) raods were dead.

Dont understand why the roads were still so screwed up at 5:30 6pm considering the storm ended up at 4pm? God this country is crap just cant cope with anything.

was town busy on the roads during rush hour last night, or at a standstill? I avoided town last night incase it was.