Strange/Weird cafes/bars

Well if you cant find a good place, you can always get some shisha stuff from the web. i.e onlineshisha.co.uk. works out cheaper in the long run...

Im looking for something interesting, different. Getting bore of starbucks type places.

I have just moved from york and knew a fair amount of great places there, I just cannot justify getting a train there just for a drink.

Any suggestions?

On another note: Where can I get a decent shisha in this town? Have not seen anywhere that does them yet.

Cafe no 9 at Nether Edge near the post office is good,a bit like the brown cafes in Amsterdam!!they do great coffee and pizzas,toasties etc.Also i think they have poetry and live music nights.

Bragazzi's - best coffee in Sheffield, cool place. Eclectic range of mis-matching furniture and a Piaggio parked by the window.

Cafe number 9 in Nether Edge gets my vote too. Good atmosphere, bookish crowd.

Cheers for the recommendations.

I have my own shisha pipe, its just I like going out and having one, more fun I think

Cheers,

Is the forum that place with the pool hall above it? I quite like a lunch time game there.

Yes, big blue place on the end of Devonshire Street overlooking the green - great range of coffees, speciality teas and home-made cakes. Upstairs is the Common Room (also owned by Forum Cafe Bars Ltd) it has 12 american sized pool tables and also a great range of food. Great daytime deals/discounts on pool too!

Regarding shisha, I have never tried it and know little about it, but there is an Iranian cafe up Abbeydale Road I think called Khayam, and people sit puffing away at hookers in a non-double-entendre fashion. The cafe is evidently for expats, so the quality should be good. The decor and lighting is really nice. I think it's open into the evening too. :)

Hi

there is a persian restaurant at the end of Abbeydale Road, where it turns into Woodseats road that would suit you - food is ace too, just can't remember what it's called - google it or try yellow pages.

It's a bring your own place as well. All the straight guys I've ever gone with have also perved over the waitresses (not that this is something to brag about!) but generally it seems to have something for everyone :)

Regarding shisha, I have never tried it and know little about it, but there is an Iranian cafe up Abbeydale Road I think called Khayam, and people sit puffing away at hookers in a non-double-entendre fashion. The cafe is evidently for expats, so the quality should be good. The decor and lighting is really nice. I think it's open into the evening too. :)

Might be non-double-entendred if they puff away at "Hookahs"

Might be non-double-entendred if they puff away at "Hookahs"

Oops! Well, I did say I was inexperienced... :hihi:

i used to go there and i did enjoy it and met one of my best friends there until some1 stole all my ideas and then sacked me for the stupidest reason. Don't get a job there the owner will totally mess you around, hasn't got a sympathetic bone in his body, wont pay you and most of all with believe his precious assistant over anyone even though she is just an arse licker!!! he wouldn't have got anywhere today if it wasn't for his staff that worked bloody hard in the first few weeks before it opened!!! he's rude, arrogant and a truly awful boss and man if i were u don't get invloved!! He has no management skills and is guaranteed to screw u over just to make money total loser!

i used to go there and i did enjoy it and met one of my best friends there until some1 stole all my ideas and then sacked me for the stupidest reason. Don't get a job there the owner will totally mess you around, hasn't got a sympathetic bone in his body, wont pay you and most of all with believe his precious assistant over anyone even though she is just an arse licker!!! he wouldn't have got anywhere today if it wasn't for his staff that worked bloody hard in the first few weeks before it opened!!! he's rude, arrogant and a truly awful boss and man if i were u don't get involved!! He has no management skills and is guaranteed to screw u over just to make money total loser!