Bike shops in Sheffield

Hi I have recently brought my mountain bike up from back home. I have never used it in Sheffield but was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable bike shop I could use to get it looked over. It is in need of a few new bits and bobs i.e. new tyres, brakes etc. It is a Specialized bike, so a shop that stocks them might be helpful. I live on the University side of town so any shops near there would be preferable.

Cheers

There was a bike shop down the side of Stokes tiles/salvation army place.Not sure if it's still there though.

There was a bike shop down the side of Stokes tiles/salvation army place.Not sure if it's still there though.

No, I believe that's long-gone. There is of course J E James just off Queens Road, but the opinions of the cycling fraternity are a tad divided about the place......

Langsett all the time - very very friendly staff!!! unlike JE JAMES - sure the staff there are just there for tea, biscuits and a chat with there mates!!!! - I went in there bout 6 months ago to purchase some new road wheels - was in there 30mins and say 1 member off staff - on the phone talking to his mate arrange his weekend. I walked out in the end - along with 4 other customers!!!!

Langsett all the time - very very friendly staff!!! unlike JE JAMES - sure the staff there are just there for tea, biscuits and a chat with there mates!!!! - I went in there bout 6 months ago to purchase some new road wheels - was in there 30mins and say 1 member off staff - on the phone talking to his mate arrange his weekend. I walked out in the end - along with 4 other customers!!!!

If you want help there you have to jump up and down and shout to get noticed! (the one in Chesterfield anyway)

The bloke who does the bikes in Decathlon knows what he's doing ;)

I agree. It's a nice place.

I've been warned off Butterworth's by a friend in the know...

Why whats wrong with them? Ive never had no problems.

yeah, Decathlon is brill. Just had mine serviced there. Do not go to JE James - the staff are lazy and cannot be bothered to serve anyone!

Funnilly enough, I've heard similar reports about JE James :suspect: