Wortley Park Walk Saturday 3rd February 10.30

Is the Hi-Vis beagle welcome on this trip? I spotted the mention of tearooms rather than a pub somewhere in that lot :(

Of course the pampered pouch is welcome, as are you and the old man! The more the merrier in fact, the walk is extremely dog worthy, just a few sheep here and there.

The walk took about 4 1/2 hours last time I think, but we had loads of stops, including the infamous stop at the Countess Tea rooms, which as you might now, took all of an hour to get tea for @ 10 people! It was probably @ 6 miles, with only one real hill!

Regarding pubs, there`s one 1/2 way, which was closed last time for refurb which I reckon must be open by now, and one at the end. There`s also the offer again to come back to mine for tea/ale at the end as we pass close by where I live. In fact at the meet 17 Jan, there was a suggestion of a "session" at mine at the end :o . This to be discussed further later!

Hope you make it Pete

This sounds good, thanks for the info, there is a very good chance I will be there.

Ooooh, me too, me too! Sounds great!

Fantsatic! Welcome to the group. :wave:

Just to inform anybody interested, the time of the walk has been brought forward 1/2 an hour from 11.00 am to 10.30 am

I've changed the thread title to reflect the new time Scubz!

So to confirm, meeting place is the crossroads at the top end of High Green, just up from the Health Centre. Is that Thompson Hill?

I've changed the thread title to reflect the new time Scubz!

So to confirm, meeting place is the crossroads at the top end of High Green, just up from the Health Centre. Is that Thompson Hill?

Yes, its where Thompson Hill meets Wortley Road. Just look for an old man sat on a bench, it`ll be me!

Count me in,Scubz.I'll be there.( And if you're old - so am I.:help: )

Count me in,Scubz.I'll be there.( And if you're old - so am I.:help: )

Well, you`re welcome to come and sit on that bench with me ItIs, but you`ll need a flat cap, and a whippet might come in handy too!

See ye Saturday!

I would like to join you on Saturday if thats ok but I am a bit worried about the appropriate footwear comment as I dont own any proper walking boots or shoes :blush: would this be a problem?