Wortley Park Walk Saturday 3rd February 10.30

Oh my goodness! This is news! I'm presuming, twinky1, that you've read or heard about our brush with the fawlty towers of the tearoom world? What happened to the previous incumbents? Did any of Hello the walkers who went on the last walk notice the difference?

It's the end of an era. (Sorry I didn't get to meet you, btw.) :(

Hello purdyamos

I would say in Wortley there is no beginning or end of an era, just a way of life - do do do do - do do do do..........expext the expected.......you won't be dissapointed.

Sorry I missed you too, hopefully we will meet up next walk.

ALB

twinky1

Sorry Twinky, got to speak as we find, and new owners or not, we didnt get value for money today I`m afraid on what we had.

Ok, there was a good choice of home made desserts, but basically, everything took for ever to arrive, and not for the first time, they got things wrong! Like custard instead of ice cream, and a simple cake taking 30 mins to be brought to the table, by which time the cup of tea to be taken with it had long been been consumed!

The quiches we had were dried up and served with a minute amount of salad garnish, along with one crisp per portion, and all at £3.50 a throw! Last time we called in there it was even worse, they couldn`t even serve a cup of tea without making a **** up of it!

The people who worked there were extremely stressed, but very nice, but having said that we certainly wouldn`t hesitate to call there again, if only for the laugh.[/quote

Unfortunately for you the new people have only been there for 2 days so the old staff are still showing them the ropes............................................

Mrs Overall, - strike a cord!!!!!!! I did on a previous reply say that Wortley Hall did refreshments but you chose to ignore this BIG HINT,don't expect the expected then you won't be disappointed - seriously though, give the new owners a chance,it may not be Faulty Towers but Acorn Antiques it could be.

A laughs a laughs no matter where.

Next time come round to Cottage Gardens,we can't promise cakes or quiches but we promise a friendly welcome and we will put the kettle on.

I'm soooooo sorry to have missed this one - AGAIN! :mad: :mad: due to nforeseen circumstances.

Fear not though, for I have already put myself up for next Sunday's walk, and will be raring to go, like a raring thing! :D

Thanks to Scubz for a fab guided walk and to mother nature for glorious weather ! Start of the walk was icy and slippery (almost went over just few minutes into the walk !) but it didnt take long until there was a lot of stripping going on :)

Some great views on the walk, including fields of god-knows-what growing near the Hall. Was gonna take a Sheep home for Sunday lunch, but they were quite fast despite their plumpness !

The toastie at the Countess wasn't what I was expecting, but the extra-special salad and Crisp made up for it. Thought Scubz was gonna get a slap after the comment about the 4 dogs, especially after the comments about men earlier on the walk :P

Some nice fresh air in the afternoon, especially when we were looking at the follies etc and could see the brown layer on the Horizon :gag:

Took a few snaps along the way - see link below :

http://www.RFStock.co.uk/walks - see the wortley link

Hope to see everyone on a walk again soon :thumbsup:

Took a few snaps along the way - see link below

liking your work immensely ... it looks to have been a wonderful day out.

Your photo link keeps freezing and sulking, Grissom. What I saw was crisp and sparkling, though.

Eeeek, that aint good, I'll pop another 50p in the meter :)

liking your work immensely ... it looks to have been a wonderful day out.

Cheers :thumbsup: Yeah it was fab, really nice walk. Hope weather is nice again next weekend, although forecast is snow wednesday and thursday :confused: