Anyone done Geocaching?

Mmmm - if you're looking for a reaction - forget it!:D

I once risked my neck up a mountain in arctic conditions to recover a box that had...............drum roll........ a keyring in it (wow!) for you, and it didn't thrill me all that much. Oh, and I also remember spending 1/2 an hour looking for a rock that looked like a fridge to no avail, another thrilling experience. I suppose it's exciting for some, but not for me I'm afraid :(

I once risked my neck up a mountain in arctic conditions to recover a box that had...............drum roll........ a keyring in it (wow!) for you, and it didn't thrill me all that much. Oh, and I also remember spending 1/2 an hour looking for a rock that looked like a fridge to no avail, another thrilling experience. I suppose it's exciting for some, but not for me I'm afraid :(

The rock was supposed to look like a washing machine actually - & you recovered more than a keyring - you got your beloved the most fetching pair of sunglasses:suspect: But, as you quite rightly say it's exciting for some, but not others, that's what makes us so interesting- we're all different. Each to their own:)

________

THE CIGAR BOSS

Edited by Hemlock

To be fair, I can see the attraction from the treasure hunt point of view, and you must get a sense of achievement when you find them, but I'd be scared of it becoming an obsession if I got interested in geocaching.

To be fair, I can see the attraction from the treasure hunt point of view, and you must get a sense of achievement when you find them, but I'd be scared of it becoming an obsession if I got interested in geocaching.

Oooh, quite a turnaround Scoobz!:thumbsup:

________

Hero Honda Karizma R History

Edited by Hemlock

I'm going to give it a try for the first time tomorrow. It will give me something else to do when walking the dog! I'm hunting around the house for something small enough to fit into the box today :)

I'm going to give it a try for the first time tomorrow. It will give me something else to do when walking the dog! I'm hunting around the house for something small enough to fit into the box today :)

Hope you enjoyed it Evei!

I've been geocaching for about two weeks now and me and my girlfriends son who is 10 loves it.

Hi!

You're not a freak - don't worry about the negative comments, it's usually people who have never been that are negative about it anyway. (& none of the comments are from regular walkers from this walking group - they all know they'd have me to deal with if they did.:rant:)

I do a lot of geocaching, it's great fun & gets you out of the house to walk with a purpose. I got a friend interested in it when she was having chemotherapy, & she found it was excellent therapy to get her out of the house, exercise & stay positive. She is now well & geocaching with avengance!

I would recommend sticking to parks to take children, rather than on the moors etc. We are lucky there are so many parks in Sheffield to go to.

Send me a pm if you know any geocachers that go caching during the day.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Hemlocks the one to take note of,i was very interesated in what she was doing when i first saw what she was up to.

Im no expert but it seems lots of fun .

Any Geocachers out there. If you are going into Greno woods doing the Fairytale series. I lost my i phone whilst looking for either no. 5 Thumberlina or no. 4 The gingerbread man. If found would you please get in contact it has been barred but it has lots of photos on it i really dont want to lose

I know this is old thread but i've only just heard of this think i'm going to give it a go. Off to look for the one down in Rivelin tommorrow with my nephew.