Bark Chippings...where to get them

I need to cover a large area with bark chipping and on going to the garden centre it was £10 for two bags...Anyone know anywhere I can get a large amount delivered to the Dronfield area

I guess that you are talking about a lorry load?

Give us a clue as to how many cubic metres?

Try Heeley City Farm. They do a lot of recycling of Christmas trees. Used to sell chippings a few years ago,may be worth giving them a ring

Tel- 0114 2580482

b&q very large bags for £5:thumbsup:

I used one of these, but I would say one bag will only cover 2 square metres, if the strip down the side of my garden path is anything to go on!

I need to cover a large area with bark chipping and on going to the garden centre it was £10 for two bags...Anyone know anywhere I can get a large amount delivered to the Dronfield area

Have a word with either Ray or Lynn at Quarry Top Garden Centre (01246 433553). They are on Chesterfield Road in Eckington (the B6052 road to Chesterfield). They own the business and are really helpful people. Prices are pretty reasonable too.

if you want loads and are not too fussy aobut content - ring some tree surgeons in the area

I knew one in peterborough who was only too happy to dump his 'trade waste' if you asked him nicely ;)

I put it on the front garden of my house and the smell it let off for a week was horrendous :gag: i got mine from Wickes!

Try Ecclesall Woods Saw Mill on Abbey Lane, we had loads a few years ago.

Don't know if they deliver though.