Walk next Sunday 21 January 2007.

This Walk Will Not Take Place Today Due To Uncertainty In The Weather - ONLY

Anyone interested in a walk next Sunday 21 January, 2007.

Taking a route from Grindleford Station to Hathersage.

The train leaves Dore Station at 11.40hrs to Grindleford.

Returning from Hathersage at 15.00hrs (3.00pm)

The final route of the walk to be decided at the Grindleford Station.

It can either go by Grindleford Bridge and follow the riverside path to Hathesage, or go by Padley Chapel then either drop down to the Riverside path. Or continue forward to the main Fox House/ Hathersage Road. The bus could be caught here or the walk can drop down to Hathersage Station.

All welcome, including dogs. Flask and a Snack useful.

If the walk is called off. I'll post a notice on this thread on Sunday between 8.30 - 9.00am.

I can't make this one I'm afraid, but it sounds like a couple of good routes. Might pinch those ideas for future walks!

Let us all meet at Grindleford Station at 12.00 next Sunday, 21 January, 2007.

Walk to the Hathersage Road and return back to Grindleford station.

During the walk passing Padley Chapel, other future walks can be discussed.

If at the end of the first leg of the walk someone would care to treat me to a nice meal at the Millstone whilst they have a Lager and Black, I would have no objection. (Sirlion, Roast Potatoes, Onions, Cabbage, Yorkshire Pudding finished off with Apple and Custard and a nice cup of tea would do me fine).

To avoid any confusion about train times from Sheffield to Grindleford, the train leaves Sheffield at 11.43 am on Sundays. It takes about 15 minutes, so you'll be at Grindleford just before 12.00.

Returning from Grindleford, it looks like there are trains at 15.07 and 17.11.

Please double-check times yourself though!

This thread has been pruned. It's moved away from being about the walk on Sunday. If you want to discuss the merits/demerits of booze free walks, please start another thread.

Good luck with the walk Albert - hope it's not too windy!

as only my posts have been pruned ,i've reported it to the help desk.

all the comments by the drinkers questioning a non drinking walk still remain i notice...

I didn't just prune yours Willman, and in fact to clear it up further, I've taken out some more too. Hope that helps.

unfortunately we're not available until later than that this week, so we'll be dog walking somewhere less strenuous today ;)

and not too far from the shelter of a good warm pub looking at the weather raging outside just now :suspect:

I wonder if we'll find an open fire too? :)

Due to the uncertainty with the weather I am cancelling the walk from Grindleford to Hathersage today.

I am also looking forward to a reply to the posting which have disappeared from this thread.

Due to the uncertainty with the weather I am cancelling the walk from Grindleford to Hathersage today.

I am also looking forward to a reply to the posting which have disappeared from this thread.

I don't like to intervene on Group threads, but the situation about misisng posts has been explained above.

If you have an issue with missing posts, go to the Helpdesk.

The Walker's Group is for the benefit of all users - not just you, and numerous users have put time and effort in to making this group a friendly place to be.

Let's all try and keep it that way - the posts were removed because, to put it bluntly, the thread had got increasingly argumentative and numerous complaints were made.