Forum software improvements

Here is a list of a few key changes...

Mark forums as 'read' by double clicking

As shown in the image below:

markforumread.png

Quotes now include link (via blue arrow) to original post

For example:

Maybe he hadn't noticed someone had nicked his front wheel?

Preview of private message in email notifications

When you get notified of a new Private Message, the e-mail will also show you a preview of what the private message says - allowing you to decide whether or not to rush and read it ;)

‘Reason for Editing’ Available on Quick Edit

You may now include a reason for editing without having to click through to the full editor.

Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup

You can now choose to show search results as threads or posts without having to click through to the advanced search page.

Search Google UK directly from Search pop-up box (members only)

Click the little arrow next to the word "Search" on the left-hand menu and you can now do a search on Google.

Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only

You may now select to receive private messages only from users on your buddy list. If a non-buddy tries to send you a message, they will receive an error saying that you do not accept private messages. Administrators and moderators are automatically able to bypass this restriction.

Private Messages: Quota Warning

Once you have reached 90% of your private message quota, you will receive a warning telling you that you have almost reached your quota.

Full BCC Support in Private Messages

Like in an email, BCC (blind carbon-copy) allows you to hide the full list of recipients from each recipient. In previous versions the “to” field acted like a BCC field. Now, the “to” field acts like the field in an email; each recipient will see all the names in the “to” field.

Feel free to report any bugs, thoughts, questions in here. Off-topic or chit-chat style replies may be removed in order to make it easier to spot actual feedback and technical issues.

May I suggest making this thread a sticky for the time being, so that it will be easily visible?

You can suggest it, but there's an announcement at the top of ALL forums with a direct link to this thread ;)

my "Post Quick Reply" doesnt seem to work.

I have logged out, cleared cookies/cache, logged back in, and still doesnt work..

When I click to advanced mode, that works perfectly, and fast.. but If it ype a quick reply, and try to post it it sits there for about 5 mins and does nothing, I get impatient at this time and click back and reply via the advanced mode..

I can't use BCC in PMs, because I'm only allowed to send to one person at a time ~ I assume that's the same for all of us. So is this going to change, or is the BCC facility defunct before it starts?

You can suggest it, but there's an announcement at the top of ALL forums with a direct link to this thread ;)

Very noticable it is too:).

No problems here:)

I have logged out, cleared cookies/cache, logged back in, and still doesnt work..

When I click to advanced mode, that works perfectly, and fast.. but If it ype a quick reply, and try to post it it sits there for about 5 mins and does nothing, I get impatient at this time and click back and reply via the advanced mode..

This is something that I have had sporadically for some months now.

It is not necessarily connected to busy periods either.

I can't use BCC in PMs, because I'm only allowed to send to one person at a time ~ I assume that's the same for all of us. So is this going to change, or is the BCC facility defunct before it starts?

I tried this earlier - has it altered since this afternoon?

Edit: just checked, it still says I can only send one at a time, which is a nuisance for group leading

I can't find the members list under quick links - is it somewhere else, or have you withdrawn it? I look at it regularly, it'll be a shame if it's gone.

I can now send 3 :rolleyes: PMs at a time - I guess this has changed pretty recently.

Still, its better than 1 I guess... :)