Haven't the police got anything better to do?

Should un-obstructive parking be allowed at schools?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Should un-obstructive parking be allowed at schools?

• Yes
    • No

Perhaps schools should have a "drive-thru" just like McDonalds?

:hihi: I like that one :hihi:

"Can I have a year 3 please, and easy on the attitude"

You need to get to the council on that, I think that would work.

Perhaps schools should have a "drive-thru" just like McDonalds?

Joking appart you may be onto somethig there

If you can just WALK for gods sake, people are too lazy these days

I've read all 8 pages of this and have come to the conclusion we are breeding a nation of lazy gits. Its not little johnny short pants who insists on being picked up at the gate, its normally neurotic mummsy who insists he/she does not have to tire out his poor little legs. Any readers of Viz will know and have read the antics of Spoilt *******, the bloody character was modelled and based on someones kid or even kids in general.

Perhaps the bunch insisting on parking no more than two steps away should take a closer look.

For the record I live in an area which turns into a car park come 3 o clock every afternoon, and the sad thing is the parents are picking up comprehensive age kids. What would be the problem insisting the lazy ****ers get the bus or ride a bike to school? At 11 plus they are beginning to want all the adult things in life, but have none of the responsibility.

:hihi: I like that one :hihi:

"Can I have a year 3 please, and easy on the attitude"

You need to get to the council on that, I think that would work.

I love it!! Fantastic! Are there any year 3's without attitude????????? I'm finding it only gets worse now she's year 4........

I love it!! Fantastic! Are there any year 3's without attitude????????? I'm finding it only gets worse now she's year 4........

my nephew is 3 and he's a cross between basil fawlty and the incredible hulk!! and he's getting worse too!

Haven't the police got anything better to do in Sheffield?

Just wanted to vent my disgust as for the 2nd day in a row, at least 3 police officers have been targetting parents collecting children from St. Catherine's Primary at Firshill.

Being one of said parents I am absolutely frustrated by this matter,

Today they had 3 cops ticketing parents, so if your house was burgled or you were mugged by a chav and the police didn't arrive til after 4pm, you know why!

I realise there is a problem with traffic on Firshill Cres, but this is due to poor infrastructure, sending large buses down a steep, narrow and windy road which has chicanes and traffic calming measures such as speed bumps is completely absurd. Even during school time/normal time this route is far from ideal to send a large bus down.

I just hope this matter is resolved one way or the other, I will respect whatever rules are put in place I just don't want to be one of the parents who returns to her car to find a ticket for a fine that I wouldn't be abled to afford just because they want to be there for their children.

Once again the state seems to be in favour of benefits claimants "latchkey kids" or parents being late for hometime, as long as you use public transport or walk (which is hardly practical if you're trying to pay your own way in society by working.

I don't want an argument on the rights or wrongs of this post, I just wanted to be heard as I felt very dismayed by the police force today (which I usually give my support).

I just feel that as a law abiding tax payer I am constantly treated with contempt

why dont you encourage them to walk home?

No they have'nt got anything better to do!! They like to nip to tescos whilst on duty and do the donut run and maybe get a bit of shopping while they are there, seen it happen on many occasions.

Don't think that many folk in Walkley drive 4x4's if the truth be told.

probably true but by being prejudicial against a minority group - they are obviously excluding themselves as a cause for any of the problems.

I've read all 8 pages of this and have come to the conclusion we are breeding a nation of lazy gits. Its not little johnny short pants who insists on being picked up at the gate, its normally neurotic mummsy who insists he/she does not have to tire out his poor little legs. Any readers of Viz will know and have read the antics of Spoilt *******, the bloody character was modelled and based on someones kid or even kids in general.

Perhaps the bunch insisting on parking no more than two steps away should take a closer look.

For the record I live in an area which turns into a car park come 3 o clock every afternoon, and the sad thing is the parents are picking up comprehensive age kids. What would be the problem insisting the lazy ****ers get the bus or ride a bike to school? At 11 plus they are beginning to want all the adult things in life, but have none of the responsibility.

i remember this problem when at school, a kid in our class (rather large) lived no more than 200 yards away and got a lift to and from school :confused:

all us skinny beggars walked a couple of miles to and from

No they have'nt got anything better to do!! They like to nip to tescos whilst on duty and do the donut run and maybe get a bit of shopping while they are there, seen it happen on many occasions.

oh you left out the fact that they then go to the pub for an hour, then to the cinema and all the time the criminals are having a right old laugh and getting away with their crimes!

Oh God NOOOOO! :help: