Haven't the police got anything better to do?

Should un-obstructive parking be allowed at schools?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Should un-obstructive parking be allowed at schools?

• Yes
    • No

oh you left out the fact that they then go to the pub for an hour, then to the cinema and all the time the criminals are having a right old laugh and getting away with their crimes!

And on saturday nights you see em all in Corporation, its disgracefull :mad:

oh you left out the fact that they then go to the pub for an hour, then to the cinema and all the time the criminals are having a right old laugh and getting away with their crimes!

so i assume you don't class repeat offenders as criminals.

motoring offences are illegal same as theft so why should they be treat differently.

so i assume you don't class repeat offenders as criminals.

motoring offences are illegal same as theft so why should they be treat differently.

if someone drink drives, speeds all the time it doesent neccasarily mean they have/will have an "accident" they are more likely though.

if someone robs they are scum simple as,

to be fair there is something wrong when you can get away with robberry but get a fine for speeding on the parkway.

i say public flogging for all thiefs!

if someone drink drives, speeds all the time it doesent neccasarily mean they have/will have an "accident" they are more likely though.

if someone robs they are scum simple as,

to be fair there is something wrong when you can get away with robberry but get a fine for speeding on the parkway.

i say public flogging for all thiefs!

the post was about the school run and people double parking,blocking driveways etc - no one mentioned speeding.

but now you mention it drink drivers should be banned for life on first offence.

and you can get away with speeding...

Can we have an update on the original situation.

How many football moms have been dragged from their oversized pseudo off road vehicles and marched to the nick?

Has crushing the offending mums and auctioning the vehicles helped to reduce congestion?

Have any portly young children started to loose weight through the modern miracle of excercise (walking to school because their moms were crushed)?

We need to know.

probably true but by being prejudicial against a minority group - they are obviously excluding themselves as a cause for any of the problems.

As I neither have children nor a car, I really am not part of the problem!!!

There is an element of truth to this though. Yesterdays crime figures clearly show that the government has massively increased their efficiency on ticket issue and collection (for a multitude of crimes), to the detriment of other more serious offences. Conviction rates for serious offences are terribly low, while resources to issue and ensure collection of tickets has gone through the roof.

To be fair, the police can't win, they are forced to enforce laws that are clearly nonsense, devised by polititians that really do have nothing better to do. After all the fuss, they're then totally let down by the judiciary, who give pitifully low sentences..... hate to say it, but in the UK, crime pays.

Here hear cant agree more. Bring back hanging, why should i as a tax payer pay to keep the likes of Huntly.Just as a matter of interest is there anyone who is happy to keep him and his kind.Prison is a holiday camp, make prison prison and the crime rate would drop. I know that there are folk that commit crime to get in to prison because its better than there life outside. and before anyone tells me that this is rubbish it is a FACT.

How can somone have 14 convictions for steeling cars, whatever we are doing is not working. Lets ask the lad who was flogged in china for damaging cars when he is going back to do it again.!!!!!

I honestly don't know why the title of this was "havent the police got anything better to do.."

surely the question should be "havent Yummy-mummy-4X4's got anything better to do, than to park inconsiderately, and put their own, and other children at risk!?!?!?"

I honestly don't know why the title of this was "havent the police got anything better to do.."

surely the question should be "havent Yummy-mummy-4X4's got anything better to do, than to park inconsiderately, and put their own, and other children at risk!?!?!?"

. What the hell have 4x4s got to do with this. 4x4s dont park folk that drive do, Is it only 4x4 that park inconsiderately. This is another stupid indevidual that thinks that 4x4 are a problem. There are lots of modern small cars that are 4x4 Impretsa, swift, justy, and you wouldnt know without looking underneath.

It's called irony viper... You know Irony?

I'm using the "chelsea tractors" as a generic, viper. you know the type of parent I'm referring to, the type that would get the car out to drive their precious little jocasta or peregrine the 25 yards across the road to the school opposite.

No problem with parking further away from the school but parents have enough to worry about with the safety issues of actually being there for children at hometime rather than to worry about being fined, if there were obvious signs showing where not to park, it would be better all round, after all, double parking relies on someone not parking on the opposite side of the road from you, if someone does this, why should you receive a ticket for their stupidity?

Double parking? As in two vehicles parked side by side on the same side of the road? Last I heard, that's illegal. Why should they receive a ticket for your inability to adhere to the laws?

I always park bang outside the school last year I got two fines for parking illegally there but I dont moan just pay it. if you dont want the fine dont do the crime simple, if you can put up with paying the fines then park where you like end of chat.