Train station area

The station looks fine - I just wish they would clean the toilets...

Yes, i would love some more shops and bars down there. Maybe when the new building where Dyson once stood and the Hotel will have shops/restaurants on the 1st and ground floors. Who knows!

I'd expect there to be a few cafe/bars wth outside seating situated in the new square - that would be nice.

They could get rid of Burger Ming to start with, and turn that into a bar.

I had a little wander round there a few days ago and thought it looked quite impressive and it's a huge improvement on the old vista. I'll take another wander when the work is completed as there are still a lot of conttractors working in the area.

I thought on the plans there was something about an outside seating area and an outside cafe and as the steel wall not only blocks the view of traffic rushing past but also cuts down on the noise then it could be a nice place to sit, we'll have to wait and see.

I've heard as well that there are going to be bollards put up on the walk to the car park so that should mean pedestrians shouldn't have to detour to avoid badly parked vehicles.

...Thanks for not answering at all Foo Fighter you'd have been better saving your fingers rather than writing nothing and trying to be superior.

I'm not trying...

...and you are a troll.

If you want a proper response try asking the question in a proper civilised manner rather than trying (and failing) to be clever.

:loopy:

Guest Pauly
The steel was made in Sheffield but the structure was actually put together in Bristol.

That figures as Bristol also have this kind of thing in their city centre. It's nice in the Summer as there's loads of kids playing in it, same as the Peace Gardens fountain here. :) I wish they'd hurry up and get the plastic off the wall though as I want to see what it looks like when it's done. Haven't had time to go for a wander around yet since it opened. :roll:

I'm not trying...

...and you are a troll.

If you want a proper response try asking the question in a proper civilised manner rather than trying (and failing) to be clever.

:loopy:

Is it possible for a thread to run it's course without someone picking fault with someone else's post and starting another pathetic argument? :roll::loopy:

...Is it possible for a thread to run it's course without someone picking fault with someone else's post and starting another pathetic argument? :roll::loopy:

This is a forum, so people are allowed to post what they want (within the rules)...

...you are neither a moderator nor an editor, if you only want to hear what you want I advise you don't engage in conversations/forum debates with other people.

:help:

I just wish there were more trains to Sheffield from Chesterfield around rush hour time. If you miss the 16.40 one from London St Pancras, you have to wait at least 40 minutes for the next one (17.18 to Liverpool Lime St - which is always a few minutes late). Considering how many people there are hanging around for that train I really am suprised something hasn't been done about it.

Chesterfield station is quite possibly the most depressing place on the planet.

(Oh yeah, and if that wierd looking train spotter dude is reading this - stop staring at me)

Ill add my 2 cents, I think the station area is so so much better than it ever has been (well, as far back as I can remember anyway.) Fair play to the designers, planners and everyone else involved I personally think it was money well spent, as now visitors to our city will have a fantastic first impression, and it might blow away those old Full Monty cobwebs.

One question to anyone involved with the area, I heard rumours that the main road is going to become single carrigeway, is this true? Thanks.

OK gentlemen, I've pulled a few posts so let's just calm down, please.

Thanks.

I just wish there were more trains to Sheffield from Chesterfield around rush hour time. If you miss the 16.40 one from London St Pancras, you have to wait at least 40 minutes for the next one (17.18 to Liverpool Lime St - which is always a few minutes late). Considering how many people there are hanging around for that train I really am suprised something hasn't been done about it.

I'm hardly surprised. The train operating companies' strategy to maximise their profits seems to consist of cramming as many people into as few trains as possible.

I had a little wander round there a few days ago and thought it looked quite impressive and it's a huge improvement on the old vista. I'll take another wander when the work is completed as there are still a lot of conttractors working in the area.

I thought on the plans there was something about an outside seating area and an outside cafe and as the steel wall not only blocks the view of traffic rushing past but also cuts down on the noise then it could be a nice place to sit, we'll have to wait and see.

I've heard as well that there are going to be bollards put up on the walk to the car park so that should mean pedestrians shouldn't have to detour to avoid badly parked vehicles.

There is allready seating provided in the square, and I seem to recall seeing the plans ages ago (possibly on the BBC SY website) involving a new office block with a cafe bar in the ground floor having outside tables, I guess this is to go up in the building site next to the square.