Xbox graphics card?

Here's a question for all pc "geeks". Is it possible to transfer the graphics hardware from an Xbox to a pc? If you could you would have a damn good graphics card that would play most games for a fraction of the price of a top spec pc graphics card.

The xbox is ancient. Do you mean the xbox360?

But no, that's not possible, much as there may be some similarities between it and a PC you can't just take stuff out and plug it into a PC.

Although I've never seen inside one, I'd bet that the graphic 'card' in the XBox360 is actually a graphics chip soldered onto the motherboard and therefore totally non-transferable. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's closely related to a Radeon X800, but I might be wrong...

As previously stated, it's all integrated into the xbox. There'd also be the issue of drivers (ie lack of).

There'd also be the issue of drivers (ie lack of).

You could always write your own (but then you'd need detailed knowledge of the processor):).

You could always write your own (but then you'd need detailed knowledge of the processor):).

it would just be more easy to go out and buy a high grade graphics card :hihi:

the GPU in the 360 is already outdated with DX10 on the market anyways :confused: (if your talking PC turms rather than console) But if you also take into account XboX 1 life span of 5 years which FAR outlive any high end GPU card ( GPU high end is usually 4-6 months). I know where i'd spend my ?300.:thumbsup:

________

Chrysler ap3 hearse built by r.f.weber (australia) history

Edited by Eric_Collins

it would just be more easy to go out and buy a high grade graphics card :hihi:

I know.

But the project would be interlectually stimulating (to say the least).

I know.

But the project would be interlectually stimulating (to say the least).

you gonna take the project up then? :D

you gonna take the project up then? :D

Nah. Quit doing drivers many moons ago (about 7 years actually):thumbsup:.

I also doubt whether M$ would supply me with the relevant data sheets for the "chip/s" used.

The original Xbox used a variant of the GeForce 3 chip, the new one is ATI based. Even in you managed to remove the chip, you'd have to build the rest of your AGP/PCI-E card from scratch.

Joel

the old xbox used a gpu based on the geforce mx440 chip just oc'ed a little bit. you couldnt use it because its built into the mobo of the xbox and is beside the cpu.

its plain impossible!!

the xbox360 as mentioned is ati and again its integrated. your best off buying the new geforce 8800 card if you have the money to canabolise an xbox!