Childhood Toys and Games?

:D Can you remember your favourite toys and games from when you was little that worked and didn't work?

My favourite was Striker football game you touch his head and he would kick the ball.

The worse was a aircraft carrier and you tied some wire to a door handle and you fired this jet up this wire and it was meant to turn round and land back on this aircraft carrier, NO it didn't Never did it just got tangled up damn thing lol

I had Striker :) Only trouble was the heads used to be a bit vunerable, press to hard and you broke off Tony Curries head :D

My fave was Matchbox Hot Wheels Track and cars, me and my mates would all bring our track out, fix it all together in a really cool config and then see which car would get the furthest.

Matchbox cars were one of the best - and not really much on them to break :D

What about those parachutes, was it action men with chutes? You were supposed to be able to launch them into the sky and they'd parachute back down, but it never worked. So you'd try dropping them from first floor windows or out of trees, and they'd still drop like stones. A major childhood disappointment :lol:

Yes, I am a girl. :wink:

Originally posted by "cosywolf"

Matchbox cars were one of the best - and not really much on them to break :D

What about those parachutes, was it action men with chutes? You were supposed to be able to launch them into the sky and they'd parachute back down, but it never worked. So you'd try dropping them from first floor windows or out of trees, and they'd still drop like stones. A major childhood disappointment :lol:

Yes, I am a girl. :wink:

Scalextric (spelling may be wrong), Operation and Buckaroo! All fab kids games.

Also loved my He-Man figures.... wars with them were great!

A friend of mine has set up a scalextric track that fills his entire living room. Yesterday he was over at mine writing up tables for cars, speed, etc. :roll:

There's not growing up for you. He has no woman and has given up hope of finding one, I think, so he's gone back to the things he enjoyed doing as a child - only now, he's in charge of how much space it takes up and how many cars he can have.

What about Lego - the houses and cars and then the castles and knights sets and all the rest? Or when you were really bored, just building them up as high as you could before they fell down...

And Hungry Hungry Hippos

I fondly recall the submarines you used to get free in cereal boxes. They were about an inch long (2.54 cm) and had a hollow bottom which you filled with baking powder. They would initially sink then the powder would react with the water and form a bubble. The bubble was enough to cause the sub to return to the surface causing the bubble to burst which sank the sub ....

Lego! Trying to recreate all the pictures that appeared on the box and then leaving the pieces lying all over the stairs for adults to tread on!

Two of my favourite childhood toys and games were Subbuteo and Lego, playing with either would occasionally end in fighting with brother/s (Lego fights were messy !).

cosywolf mentioned the Action Man with the parachute, I had one of them, dropped him out of the attic window on his first jump and broke both his ankles - Christmas 1968 I think :wink:

I absolutely loved a bit of that Hungry Hippos game when I were a lad.

Kerplunk - classic.

And what about twister? Just, not with your gran

Favourite things were Action man figures closely followed by Matchbox cars. I used to spend hours upon hours playing with the figures, throwing them out of windows on parachutes, digging trenches for them etc. Something must have stuck because many years later I joined the army.

I used to play subutteo, monopoly, lego and technic lego, the good old sega megadrive, good old Commodore 64 (!), and toy cars. i think my favourite that i spent the most time on was definitely Lego. i had a huge collection and spent hours making new things that weren't on the boxes, just letting my imagination run free. happy days

Originally posted by "t020"

I used to play subutteo, monopoly, lego and technic lego, the good old sega megadrive, good old Commodore 64 (!), and toy cars. i think my favourite that i spent the most time on was definitely Lego. i had a huge collection and spent hours making new things that weren't on the boxes, just letting my imagination run free. happy days

Don't forget capitals. .i .I :wink: