The full monty...your opinion ?

And some trivia - My daughter was in the same class at Silverdale as the boy who played the kid in the movie.

My friend's brother was there at the same time too, is it true he used to push to the front of the dinner queue, with a "Don't you know who I am?!" :hihi:

I loved East is East, although I thought it was set in Manchester, not Yorkshire?

Its set in Salford. The other family, with the daughters travel over from Bradford.

Jim:thumbsup:

Do you know were the important scenes have been shot in Sheffield ? So that we can there to make a pilgrimage ! ;)

I thought it was good. It gave a true account of the social lives of working class people in the city and the struggle with unemployment after the steelworks died a death.

From my recollecting being a daughter of a steelworker who lost his job it was really tough, my mum was the main breadwinner and we suffered with some of the same problems the characters did.

(obviously my dad didn't become a stripper :D)

If your mum was the main breadwinner was she a stripper? :D

Oh & if you think you had it bad we had to save up just to be poor!

Love it mainly because it is great Sheffield humour

I did my work placement at the place it was filmed, how cool is that lol.

I love the full monty all tho i have only watched it once or twice. I couldnt watch it too many times because after a while it would get quite boring.

Did good for sheffields reputation though.

From Fallen

If you want to see a film about true Yorkshiremen watch 'Brassed Off', or 'East is East'

I thought East is East was set in Lancashire :confused:

The Full Monty is good... but not as good as the under-rated Brassed Off (imho)

At first I thought the film was good but I got so sick of all the crap that went with it. Like the constant uses of the phrase "its the full monty" on local radio and tv ads selling alsorts of products soon made me sick. I now cannot be bothered with this film anymore.

Hi !

I'm french and before coming here, I only knew Sheffield by the movie : "the full monty" (very successful in France !). What do you, Sheffielders, think about that movie ?

Ok, but over-rated in my book. Showed Sheffield in too negative a light and ignored more possitive aspects.

It makes me cringe, the worse thing is people think we're actually like that.

I like the bit at the beginning.

"Sheffield......city on the move!"

Truly cringe worthy , especially for a ex-steelworker.

:gag: :gag: