The full monty...your opinion ?

It's on again tonight on Sky Two at 9 PM.

I've already set Sky Plus to tape it as I'll no doubt be on here at 9 or watching summat else.

My friend's brother was there at the same time too, is it true he used to push to the front of the dinner queue, with a "Don't you know who I am?!" :hihi:

That wouldn't surprise me as I had the pleasure of kicking him (and his entourage of hangers on) out of McDs on the Moor when he was in there acting like a spoilt teenage kid (which he was).

"Don't you know who he is?" one of his hangers on commented.

"Yup...that kid who no-one knows the name of who was in an over-rated film! Now do you know what a door is?"

The Full Monty is good... but not as good as the under-rated Brassed Off (imho)

Ooh....I love Brassed Off (frantically digs through DVD collection to settle down for a film before bedtime).

I thought it was awful and nowhere near a true impression of the city. If that's what people think of when they think of Sheffield no wonder they think it's a post-industrial wasteland.

And some trivia - My daughter was in the same class at Silverdale as the boy who played the kid in the movie.

My son is good friends with Will Snape (The kid in the movie)

I thought it was good. It gave a true account of the social lives of working class people in the city and the struggle with unemployment after the steelworks died a death.

From my recollecting being a daughter of a steelworker who lost his job it was really tough, my mum was the main breadwinner and we suffered with some of the same problems the characters did.

(obviously my dad didn't become a stripper :D)

no but i did become a male stripper lol

I love that movie ........... fabulous

did they 'get it' in france? .. lot of humour was in the dialect

ditto, although couldnt understand half of accents! and im from sheffield:)

ditto, although couldnt understand half of accents! and im from sheffield:)

The Dave character was supposed to be from Sheffield, yet he sounded a lot more Mancunian than Sheffield.

And don't even get me started on the actor's pitiful attempts at an American accent that time he played Fred Flintstone! :rant: