The full monty...your opinion ?

Hi !

I'm french and before coming here, I only knew Sheffield by the movie : "the full monty" (very successful in France !). What do you, Sheffielders, think about that movie ?

I love that movie ........... fabulous

did they 'get it' in france? .. lot of humour was in the dialect

It's an excellent film. Robert Carlisle does a great Sheffield accent for a Scottish bloke too.

A good story directed well and put together with top class actors, what more can one say.... a fantastic movie. :thumbsup:

Excellent film that I still watch. I think this did more to bring Sheffield to the attention of the world than anything else; and in a way that left people feeling better for having watched it.

If you want to see a film about true Yorkshiremen watch 'Brassed Off', or 'East is East'

Both brilliant scenarioes of true Yorkshire life. :thumbsup:

I like the bit at the beginning.

"Sheffield......city on the move!"

gabby.My cousin Norma is in the shot taken in the department store on that , not sure if it's filmed in Coles or M&S without asking.

I love the film, it was on Sky last week, and I have it on DVD, was in a Woolies in Westward Ho a few years back, had £7 burning a hole in my wallet and bought the Full Monty on DVD.

Yep, they have branches of Woolies as far South as Cornwall :D

Great Movie :thumbsup:

A film that can be watched over & over, keep meaning to get it on DVD :roll:

I love this movie too...! I found it very funny and also very sensitive...

However, a friend of mine, which is from Sheffield, thinks that it is giving a wrong and dark picture of Sheffield that is no more actual.

He said that because of it many people still think that it is a very poor and bad place to live...

I love this movie too...! I found it very funny and also very sensitive...

However, a friend of mine, which is from Sheffield, thinks that it is giving a wrong and dark picture of Sheffield that is no more actual.

He said that because of it many people still think that it is a very poor and bad place to live...

Much as I like the film, I think it has given that impression to a lot of people who've never visited Sheffield :(

StarSparkle