The (2D) Ultrasound Scans megathread

So yes, anomaly scan tomorrow and I'm terrified.

We've been through so much with miscarriages, I can't quite get my head round the fact that this pregnancy is doing so well.

I'm terrified of something bad being found tomorrow?

Can you tell me what I might expect from the day and stuff?

I just want baby to be ok.

You're gonna be just fine - I'm sending you positive vibes!

:)

Let me know how it goes.

x

You'll be fine hun, honestly, its normal to be scared, and even more normal in your case :)

This scan takes a bit longer than the last one, there's more to scan to start with!! :)

Ask the sonographer to tell you what she's looking at and why and for some reason that makes it a lot less scary - hearing 'just checking the heart and there's four nice chambers working fine' is great :)

Good luck and enjoy it ;)

Em :)

online hugs coming your way and telepathic snuggles being sent too.

if youre really unlucky, i might pop over tonight and come and give you a proper hug! :help:;)

em's advice sounds really good- if you know whats going on that always makes the unknown a bit less scary. :)

x

Hey you,

It's really an exciting thing getting this scan, everything is so much clearer and the baby is so big! You've got this far sweetie and everythings going well even though you've been feeling like poo.

The scan takes ages so don't let that worry you they just have to check everything over. I paniced cause I had to be re-scanned as they couldnt see the baby's heart or face. They were keen to see the heart on my baby due to heart murmers in my oh's family.

It turned out we needed to be re-scanned another 3 times due to her being laid funny and although I was worried they were great and I got extra scans to see my baby growing week by week!

let us know how you go sweetie xxx

You will be fine and so will baby. The worst thing you can do is get all stressed out.(easier said than done I know)

Its even more stressful when you have suffered previous miscarriages(I suffered 3 miscarriages and went on to have 3 healthy babies)

Good luck!!

Best of luck, petal.

I'm sure you and baby bump will be fine.

:thumbsup:

Hey Lapis, try not to get too worked up about this I know it's so easy to say but try and look forward to it. It's not like your 12 week scan, you get to spend time looking at your new baby as the sonographer measures all his features and checks everything :)

Big hug for you hun (((((((((()))))))))))))

Thank you everybody. It comes and goes in waves, one minute I'm so excited but then the next ...

I am really looking forward to seeing my baby, so is Rich951 x

I'm sure you'll be fine Lapis, I'm going for mine soon too!

Hey Lapis, will you post a pic of the little blue?

Yes, post a pic! And best of luck tomorrow. You'll be fine xx